The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, i would like to buy this guitar Epiphone Gothic 1958 Explorer in Pitch Black - Andertons Music Co. but it’s from the uk. I am aware of the situation with the rosewood being an endangered species but not much else. One of my friend tried to bring a guitar from anderton too but they told him it cannot be delivered to canada because the fretboard is made out of rosewood. Is there a way around where i can buy a rosewood fretboard guitar from another country?

·
Premium Member
5,413 Posts
The seller of the guitar has to provide CITES paperwork. If the seller refuses to supply paperwork, there is nothing you can do. Have you checked Reverb and eBay? I'm not sure how Reverb works, but on EBay if the seller does not provide the correct paperwork for the rosewood, and somebody at customs opens the box and that person is knowledgeable and knows what rosewood is and looks like, and they confiscate the guitar, the seller has to give you your money back. Item not received.

·
Registered
22 Posts
hi, i would like to buy this guitar Epiphone Gothic 1958 Explorer in Pitch Black - Andertons Music Co. but it’s from the uk. I am aware of the situation with the rosewood being an endangered species but not much else. One of my friend tried to bring a guitar from anderton too but they told him it cannot be delivered to canada because the fretboard is made out of rosewood. Is there a way around where i can buy a rosewood fretboard guitar from another country?
Contact CITES in Canada. Some types of Rosewood are okay. I had a similar issue with some guitar necks from Warmoth. It turned out that Indian Rosewood was okay to export. Warmoth supplied the paperwork which insured that the were Indian Rosewood and okay for export.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
Contact CITES in Canada. Some types of Rosewood are okay. I had a similar issue with some guitar necks from Warmoth. It turned out that Indian Rosewood was okay to export. Warmoth supplied the paperwork which insured that the were Indian Rosewood and okay for export.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk[/QUOT

All rosewood requires Cites paperwork and all of it including Brazilian can be shipped and is "Ok".... with the the proper Cites documents. Brazilian is on the same Schedule as Ivory and takes a considerable more amount of paperwork but can be done.

OP, your best bet is find one in Canada..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts