The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,108 Posts
I'm not sure anyone cared enough to take pictures of such things. Kind of makes me sad. I didn't have my own camera until I was of age.

Treasure what you have.

·
Registered
951 Posts
Sadly, i dont have any pictures but if i did, they would show posters of Ace Frehley, Paul Stanley, and a small print of a Ferrari 308.

·
Premium Member
11,108 Posts
Further to my above lament, I do remember how my rooms (we moved a few times) were decorated. I suppose the biggest change was going from posters of Gordie Howe and Dave Keon to those of Robert Plant/Jimmy Page and Linda Ronstadt. Through that change though, a crucifix, a South African mask, a map of Narnia, and illustrations from fantasy (Tolkien) and sci-fi reigned.

·
Registered
6,747 Posts
How young? I have pictures from when I was in my 50s and that seems young to me now.

The pictures are a lot more interesting than any (that I don't have) from when I was a teenager. Rock stars, girls and cars lived in my head all the time but not on my walls.

Must be why I never got a girl in there. Yeah, that's it.

·
Premium Member
4,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm not sure anyone cared enough to take pictures of such things. Kind of makes me sad. I didn't have my own camera until I was of age.

Treasure what you have.
This was taken with a Kodak Brownie that we had. Great souvenirs for shure

·
Premium Member
2,021 Posts
The shirt would be from the summer of '84 - believe we were at a cousins house for a wedding maybe? I had only been playing for a month or two when my uncle said he had an old guitar kicking around. I had to prove my worth before he took me down to the basement and showed me his 60-something Tele (that didn't interest me in the least). He did have a Vox AC30 that he could make sound much better than I could - but it was for sure my first time plugging into the kind of amp I could only see in Guitar Player magazines back then.

guitar from Ken.jpg

·
Registered
12,321 Posts
no pics, but i did have an interesting room as a teen. one wall had a battleship flag turnt upside down and backwards on it. another wall had a scene i painted, caricatures of hendrix, morrison, and angus standing on the planets of the universe jamming or looking cool. the idea was to do all of the planets, but i was 18 and never finished it. the 3rd wall was pics and posters, like most folks, but i also had a gigantic pot leaf pressed between 2 pieces of plastic wrap.

·
Registered
14,959 Posts
I may have something--would need to look for it--but depending on my age you would have seen models (Cars & airplanes--that type of model)
Books, and posters--most of them either with guitars or with humorous pictures/sayings on them or hockey related--again--depending on age...

·
Registered
12,321 Posts
I may have something--would need to look for it--but depending on my age you would have seen models (Cars & airplanes--that type of model)
Books, and posters--most of them either with guitars or with humorous pictures/sayings on them or hockey related--again--depending on age...
yeah i used to build alot of models, but i never saved them. my buddy had a movie camera, so we would light them on fire, or blow them up in a movie. some got stepped on, in a giant robot invasion.
i have an older brother who used to do ww2, and later warplanes. he would paint them so realistically. then he would store them on top of the return duct in the basement. when i was a kid, i would look at them as i came down the basement stairs. it was like a mini hangar there. must have been 20 of them at least. between me and him i bet revell made good money for a while there

1 - 20 of 21 Posts