The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
3,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just caught Ron Sexsmith at U of A last night. Man, what a show!

This guy is such a talented songwriter. Great melodies, harmonies, chord progressions . . . I just sat there thinking "how can someone this good only be this big"? I'm sure he will never have MASS appeal, but he is now about 7 albums deep and writing stronger material than ever.

His guitar player has a wicked metalic leslie type pedal; if you know the music you know the sound I am talking about. I couldn't see his pedals, but wonder what it is . . .

TG

· Registered
3,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hey Jordan,

Did you go last night?

I actually noticed that Sexsmith was playing a bunch of solos and leads last night. He hasn't really done that before when I have seen him.

As for the solo acoustic thing . . . yeah, it's cool when he does that live but I think he does a pretty good job of it on disc too :tongue:

I've seen him live 3 times and last night his voice was the best I've heard it.
TG

jroberts said:
It doesn't come across on his albums so much, but if you ever get to see Ron playing solo - just him and his guitar, he's really a hell of a player as well. And one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.