The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My son was playing our Roland Cube 60 watt and he smelled smoke and now it makes no sound. The LED lights light up but no volume. This amp is only 2 years old (out of warranty) and is played at 2-3 volume most of the time. Any ideas?? - I don't want to spend hundreds to fix this amp

Bogoboy

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
I've heard modelling amps cost quite a bit to repair... you might be better off buying a whole new amp.

Hopefully it won't cost you too much...

·
Registered
120 Posts
My son was playing our Roland Cube 60 watt and he smelled smoke and now it makes no sound. The LED lights light up but no volume. This amp is only 2 years old (out of warranty) and is played at 2-3 volume most of the time. Any ideas?? - I don't want to spend hundreds to fix this amp

Bogoboy

I am not a tech but it sounds like a fried output transistor. Send it to Greg of Solid Gold Soundlabs. He is in D.D.O. I am sure he can do something for you

http://www.solidgoldfx.com/

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info. It looks like it will probably cost more then it's worth to repair. I'm surprised after reading how sturdy these amps are supposed to be -this one crapped out after only a couple of years use! One more reason to use a tube amps!!

bogoboy

1 - 5 of 5 Posts