The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any opinions of this amp. I'm in the market for a small light combo. If a tube amp was looking for a 30-40 watt 6L6 1X12 combo but if I were to go with the blues cube artist I'd go with the 212 version as I prefer it to 112 and the weight of the solid state amp would be light enough in a 2x12 configuration.
I've heard lots of how responsive these amps are and how tube like but just wondering if its close enough. No store around me has them in stock. Cosmos has some 1x12 so may have to take a trip up there.

·
Registered
5,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well these amps are tough to find in stock anywhere to try. I've heard from many reviews how tube like they are. I wouldn't take a chance on ordering one blind as it wouldn't be the first time I've heard "tube like" relating to a solid state amp.
I gave Long and Mcquade a call and they've got to Blues Cube artists at the Bloor store a 1x12 and a 2x12 combo, in their rental department. They're going to transfer them in to the Hamilton store for me to try. So when they come in I'll take a couple of my guitars and pedal board in and give them a try. If they get close enough then I'll order one as a backup to my tube amp and for small gigs.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts