The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This looks really good. There is a setlist up too ( didn't post it in case of spoilers ) lots of great material from old Pink Floyd era

can't wait for the TO show

·
Registered
890 Posts
I've got tickets for the Auburn Hills show. My 17 and 18 year old boys are thrilled after seeing Gilmour in Toronto last year. They are both huge Floyd fans and it's such a thrill for me to share this music and experiences with them.

·
Premium Member
11,616 Posts
Roger Waters' 'Dark Side of the Moon' tour was on of the top 5 shows I've ever seen (out of 100's of arena shows and 1000's of barband shows I've seen). And I went without much expectations, always rating the current Gilmour/PF higher and being more of a Gilmour fan.

What I discovered was - Waters had someone who could cop Gilmour's guitar and vocal parts while Gilmour had no one who could sound like Waters. He has a unique voice and some of those old PF songs just don't work without it. IMO.

Reactions: bolero

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I also found Gilmour's solo show to be a bit of a snoozefest, even though I enjoyed being there

he definitely lacked some of the edge Waters imparts to the music.

Gilmour's modern guitar sound is like a generic BOSS multi-effect pedal IMO....I like his older sounds better

Gilmour and Waters are both legends though; glad they are still writing music and touring

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
wow, that's a funny pic....I can see all the Trump supporters not being impressed :D

think that is a bit overboard

·
Premium Member
11,616 Posts
And of course Pink Floyd knows quite a bit about pigs.

upload_2017-5-31_7-37-52.jpeg

1 - 8 of 8 Posts