The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
872 Posts
Hmm could be interesting. I didn't watch the last one at all(not a INXS fan). But Tommy Lee is pretty cool and Newsted is a very smart guy in my opinion(got out of Metallica before they got even worse). Gilby is a bit of a shocker to me, didn;t know he was even still around. I wonder if Axl will try out. :D

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Although not a big INXS fan either, I did watch most of it. Some of those singers were really quite good. Wonder whatever happened to the Cdn girl that lasted till the end? She was great.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
dwagar said:
Although not a big INXS fan either, I did watch most of it. Some of those singers were really quite good. Wonder whatever happened to the Cdn girl that lasted till the end? She was great.
The guitarist in the house band was REALLY good. rafael moreira is his name, i think. great tones, lots of great playing.

·
Registered
698 Posts
CalgaryTerry said:
The guitarist in the house band was REALLY good. rafael moreira is his name, i think. great tones, lots of great playing.
That's for sure. I was drooling over the Bad Cats he was playing through.

·
Premium Member
13,020 Posts
If Tommy Lee bows out, they could put this guy on drums:

·
Registered
93 Posts
it was tempting to go to the auditions in toronto, but while my voice is pretty good (2.5 octaves), i have zero stage presence.

i wonder if those three have ever played together. they're all pretty established and accomplished, but you really can't fake chemistry, and it'll look like a publicity stunt if they don't have it

·
Registered
48 Posts
that sounds like an interesting line-up... but gilby clarke? i thought that guy just died after GnR, hahaha. ive never really heard anything from him outside of guns and thats all rythm anyways, hes kinda overshadowed by slash.
jason is a pretty tight bassist too, and tommy is just... well tommy. it should be interesting, i'll watch it.

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Jaggery said:
I like this one.
Watched only bits of INXS.
Looked more like a fashion parade to me.
Brooks cloths were nice. :D IMO, the best part of the INXS version was the house band. They rocked. Raph's tone was spectacular, but then how could it not be when he was using Gibson Historics and Bad Cat and Bogner amplifiers.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts