The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I know many hate the Tronical Tuners, but I really like them. Today I got the Tronicals to do a new trick for me.

I have been playing in Eb tuning (which is a preset tuning) for a number of weeks because it is more in the range of my vocals, and I am working on a set list for gigging. I also use open G tuning for slide, (another preset tuning). But because I am singing in Eb lately, when sing in regular G tuning I am finding it difficult now. So I looked but the Tronical Tuners don't have a preset for "open Gb". (There are 24 different preset tunings, and 12 empty slots for custom tunings.)

But it can create custom tunings. So I tuned my guitar to open Gb, and saved the tuning as shown in the manual. Then I noticed when I am creating the custom tuning I have the option of the tuners saving each string to the correct note I want to be tuned to. That was so cool.

Anyhow from this little exercise I can now save sweetened tunings, or any custom tunings or even slight adjustments to any tuning.

And that's the end of my story.

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
I really like them as well. My buddy has them on his Les Paul and he loves them. His vision is very bad so he loves the fact he can just tune up with one strum.
I always thought there should be an app where you can play a song on your phone and the tuners would tune automatically to that song. How great would that be when figuring out songs?

·
Premium Member
12,980 Posts
You might enjoy this.

Dave Beegle with Fourth Estate. He got one of the early Gibson self-tuning guitars and uses it in this performance. He's changing tunings through the song -- some haunting glisses throughout. Hell of a player, Dave. Hell of a band, Fourth Estate. Check 'em out, if you're so inclined.

Reactions: Ti-Ron
G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
You might enjoy this.

Dave Beegle with Fourth Estate. He got one of the early Gibson self-tuning guitars and uses it in this performance. He's changing tunings through the song -- some haunting glisses throughout. Hell of a player, Dave. Hell of a band, Fourth Estate. Check 'em out, if you're so inclined.

I bet it isn't the Tronical tuners, but the Transperformance System, now called Axcent Sytem. AxCent- Index. . This system was out in the 90's. But they only installed it on Les Paul guitars, and then they charged $5,000 USD to install it on your $5,000 Les Paul. The Tronical Tuners don't do smooth tuning, they tune more like the way a person does, up, down, back up...

I think it is a way better system than the Tronical Tuners, but it costs $4,000+ USD vs $350 USD for the Tronical's so it should be... It doesn't look like it is compatible with tremolos though.

New System:

Old System:

Edit: "On See What I See, witness Beegle's expert use of the Transperformance Automatic Tuning Guitar, employing the futuristic Digital Tuning System that creates a whole new universe of tunings with just the touch of a finger. Other guitarists like Jimmy Page, Joe Perry and Pat Metheny also play this groundbreaking instrument, but none of them have turned it into an album full of music like this."

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I found out about the Transperformance Tuning System in the 90's. I had them send me a VHS tape, but at the time $10,000 was more than I was prepared to pay. I think I still would not want to pay $10K.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts