The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
No, the guitar isn't a nightmare at all so far. I just named it after a childhood film I have watched and loved each year, named Emmit Otter's Jug Band Christmas. The music was written by Paul Williams and Jim Henson did the puppetry.

The bad guys in that one had a band they called the River Bottom Nightmare Band. It's what popped into my brain and stuck there when Amanda sent me these pics. The white caulking you see is a latex dam she uses to isolate the resin pour and is removed when she paints.

Cuisine Wood Dish Gas Ingredient

Wood Automotive tire Rock Soil Landscape

After this dries, she will scrape the paint away, exposing the resin pocket.
Purple Blue Textile Sleeve World

Blue Purple Yellow Electric blue Paint

·
Premium Member
19,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Because I expect some may wonder, the resin and stones don't make it all that heavy. These have a swimming pool route so they're fairly light to begin with.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
I also remember enjoying the show. Just a pondering, with the stones, does the guitar sound like a GoodnPlenty box when you move it around?

·
Premium Member
19,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I also remember enjoying the show. Just a pondering, with the stones, does the guitar sound like a GoodnPlenty box when you move it around?
Yeah it's a great show. We watch it every Christmas.

The stones and dirt are solidly embedded in acrylic resin. It will feel solid.

·
Premium Member
19,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Neat that you could bring something non-guitar related to a guitar that you'll make music with. Very cool.
This is the second of two kits I bought from Solo Music. I encouraged Amanda to be creative and free to experiment on them with the only limitation being that she had to keep it functional (don't screw with the neck pocket, bridge area, et cetera).

I like what she has done.

·
Mad Strappier
709 Posts
Cool idea. a feminine gold cross on a chain laying in the stones would make it slightly more nighmarish. Maybe not keeping in the puppetry theme, but would add some dark interest
love your stuff man

Reactions: Milkman

·
Premium Member
19,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Cool idea. a feminine gold cross on a chain laying in the stones would make it slightly more nighmarish. Maybe not keeping in the puppetry theme, but would add some dark interest
love your stuff man
Cool idea. I tend to give her concepts, themes et cetera and let her run with them.

·
Premium Member
19,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Didja ever wonder, if, (when in a moment of inattentiveness or panic), Jim Henson ever used Kermit as an oven mitt?

Or for something else....

I also recall an episode of Seinfeld where George Costanza was threatened with being turned into a personal hand puppet.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts