The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to Leo Kottke on Sunday night at Cap College. I've seen a few shows there and it's a great venue for acoustics and sight lines. And I love Leo's playing, especially his 12 string playing.

He played one song on his 12 string, had trouble with one of the G strings hanging on the mag pickup and set it aside for the rest of the night. His 6 string playing is great, too, so I didn't really get 'ripped off', I was just a bit disappointed that I didn't get to hear more 12 string playing. He is a master player and story-teller (much like Victor Borge).

He ended this show much like a previous one on u-tube. I guess it's kinda his thing.

·
Premium Member
11,247 Posts
Got turned onto Leo Kottke by reading about him in Guitar Player Magazine (in the '70s when GPM was good). Some of the best vinyl I ever bought.

·
Premium Member
12,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was really on a Leo Kottke and a Ry Cooder bender for a while. I've heard both referred to as 'American treasures', similar to James Taylor. Just nice, nice music (and playing) to listen to. His story-telling surprised me though - it was par excellence.

·
Registered
15,182 Posts
Not too sure if the Kottke and Cooder played together but it would be one hell of a show. Saw Kottke years back in Van. at the Egress. If you were into blues and jazz that was one of the places to go.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts