The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So today was not much of a day for us. I got a call from my I don’t often get calls from my mom mostly text or Facebook messages . She told me that there was an accident on the family farm this morning . My uncle suffered from a heart attack . The farm is a good 15 minutes from town and being in a small Comunity there is only two ambulances for four communities . I later found my younger sister was called to help with cpr but couldn’t help. The last post she posted said “ I only wish I could of done more”. I don’t know what hurts most . The fact that the uncle that saved me from an ungodly event died or that it looks like my sister who did all she could seems to putting the blame on herself. I know it’s probably a little much to post here but . I don’t know rea was always there on the farm and always had the same answer each time you asked him how work was ?” It was there” he would always say. No one ever thought that the last photo with his siblings would be at my brothers wedding .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,248 Posts
Sorry for your loss. If telling some good memories of him will help you, I can honestly say that I’d be glad to hear them. And likely enjoy reading them.

Life is short. We do what we can. When we falter, there is a reset. We mustn’t let our pride make think that we’re in control. We’re only partially in control most of the time and not at all the rest.

Condolences

·
Registered
24,366 Posts
I echo Sambonee's comment.

A little over 20 years ago, a cousin who I was close to dropped dead of a heart attack while on his way to meet up with his wife and kids, who were biking through a local provincial park. Ironically, he was scheduled for a consult with a cardiologist the following day to explore some symptoms he was experiencing. In his early 40's, we were about 2 years different in age and he was also a decent guitarist. When I experienced a mild heart attack in late 1999, I was at first reluctant to consider the symptoms significant, but thought of him and went to the hospital just to be safe. I give him partial credit for saving my life. Maybe your uncle can do the same for you or someone you love some day.

·
Premium Member
17,321 Posts
My condolences to your family and yourself.

Now, you all need to 'be there' for each other and take good care of each other.

Your sister did all that she could. It is very possible that even a team of doctors could have done nothing more.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
My condolences as well and I echo the idea of being a willing reader to any stories you may wish to pass along if that is a help going forward.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Condolescences to you and your family.

Your sister's kind of guilt makes me sad : I am sure she did the best she could and she should be proud of it.

P.S. I share greco's words that even well trained teams do not always succeed. We celebrate success stories, but what are the actual stats ? I have always thought we put too much emphasis on CPR, so that non expert bystanders may feel ashamed when their efforts are not successful.

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
My sincerest condolences to you and your family. I hope both you and your sister can take the good memories to ease the bad. She should take solace in knowing she did what she could and we often can do nothing, and it is not her fault.

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks I really appreciate . So my uncle was more of a silent type but when he spoke you knew he was around . For years he was a volunteer fire fighter. Was always back between working at jobs like at you local hardware store and the family farm .

My older brother suffers from bipolar and rea was always on the farm when something went wrong . He always watched out for us when my dad was away.

Rea had two daughter ones 20 the other 29 . The oldest daughter just moved back home last year so her two children could spend time with their grand parents . This will their second Christmas back home . The last picture cousin posted on Facebook ( his oldest daughter) had posted was of him on his hands and knees with the grand children on his back .

Mom said tonight dad slept like a log last night . He probably was the only one . Mom said my sister isn’t doing so well . I’d imagine she might need some counselling after this . But I’m proud of her for trying to help. I know I would of lost it . I’m not good with blood and stuff so yeah . I missed work today due to lack of sleep . My boss told me to just say home and I slept most of the day . I’m not gonna head home for another couple of days . Were I live the land lords put on a Christmas meal each year and that’s tomorrow so I’m going to try to enjoy my next couple of day .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18,560 Posts
I just read about the loss of your dear uncle Rae. So sorry to hear about your loss. All the best to you and your family, Silver.

Reactions: silvertonebetty
1 - 15 of 15 Posts