The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just learned from my friend and former bandmate Pete Bremy that former Vanilla Fudge bassist Tim Bogert passed away today, after a lengthy battle with cancer. Pete replaced Tim in Vanilla Fudge years ago and remains the band's bass player. Tim was a very passionate player and his playing always knocked me out.

Bogert grew up in Bergen County, New Jersey and played with The Fudge through their glory years. He eventually formed Cactus with drummer Carmine Appice, guitarist Jim McCarty and singer Rusty Day, and later went on to play with Jeff Beck and others. Tim played occasionally with Vanilla Fudge up until several years ago, and finally retired to a quiet life in California.

·
Premium Member
8,978 Posts
This is 100% my favourite music video on youtube, in no small part due to Mr Bogert. RIP
Actually, I can’t find the full unedited thing any more. Anyways, I think Jon Heder studied Tim for his role in Napoleon Dynamite. Far right, with a Tele bass.

·
Premium Member
1,043 Posts
I was just listening to a solo album of his about 2 weeks ago. I like house clean to Bogert, great player!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts