The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
24,689 Posts
Given his recurring semi-pivotal role on The Big Bang Theory, I expect we can look forward to an interesting post-credits blurb at the end of this week's episode. Given that his character operates a comic-book store, this would be a great opportunity to let the character of Stuart stretch out a bit, and maybe provide a nice homage to Lee. But I imagine that wouldn't be until next week.

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
We just lost one of the biggest creative person we have ever had ! He created an entire imaginary Universe to himself.

:( RIP Stan the man Lee

·
Registered
14,904 Posts
Definitely had an impact on me--created & co-created a lot of characters that were part of my childhood, adolescence and beyond. (Especially Spider-Man)
I haven't read a new comic in many years, but many of the ones I did read have stayed with me.

So not the biggest influence in my life, maybe not even the biggest pop culture influence-- but still an impact.

Thanks for all the entertainment, the laughs, suspense and even sometimes for making me think.

·
Premium Member
12,225 Posts
Excelsior, Stan Lee. RIP!

I loved that he started doing all those cameos in all those Marvel Universe movies. I'm not overly thrilled that it seems like about 90% of Hollywood's output is based on the Marvel Universe. Can't argue with success, I guess. Just not my cuppa cuppa.

·
Registered
2,613 Posts
Very sad he's gone. I realize of course that he was 95 but he always seemed so youthful and full of life and enthusiasm. I was watching a couple of interviews he gave on YouTube. Here he is with Conan O'Brien in 1995:

And twenty years later (2015) with Larry King:

R.I.P. Mr Lee. 'Nuff said.

·
Premium Member
13,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
@Kenmac - beat me to it - Larry King interview

1 - 12 of 12 Posts