The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Maybe a few people here don't know who he is nor know about his passing. The founder and creator of the Guitars Canada Forum, Scott, who is known here as GCAdmin passed away last July 30th. I guess he never fully recovered from the illness he had a few years ago now. :(
Rest in Peace Scott. Thank you for creating this forum for us Canadian guitar geeks, which for me has been a source of a lot of things guitar related, including having been able to make friends with people who I wouldn't have ever met if not for this forum that we have here.
I feel really sad to hear this.
Here is Scott 5 years ago with his grand kid.

Glasses Hand Arm Mouth Comfort

·
Registered
3,682 Posts
Wow, this is so sad. Does anyone know his family well? How are they doing? (Outside of their grief of course). Is there anything they need? Perhaps a small community collection could be made to show our appreciation for Scott’s efforts over the years.

TG

·
Premium Member
22,105 Posts
Oh boy,

That's very sad indeed. I met Scott a number of times over the years and considered him a gentleman. I've spent more time on the site he created than I care to admit.

RIP and my condolences to his family.

Big thanks to @Chito for sharing this sad news.

·
Premium Member
29,038 Posts
There's a lot of threads here about various musicians, sports legends, actors, and other notables that have passed. We might admire them, but we don't owe the majority of them anything. We owe a lot to Scott. It is generally a thankless task to start and maintain a forum, and remain a silent but dedicated figure in the background. This site may be in the hands of others now, but it wouldn't be here AT ALL, if not for Scott.

So thanks, buddy. We appreciate all you've done for us, and hope your last days were peaceful, painless and still able to bring a smile to you.

·
Registered
3,772 Posts
Truly sorry to hear this news. I knew he wasn’t well, we owe him a debt of gratitude.

·
Premium Member
20,090 Posts
This hits hard!

Many of us been wondering about Scott for the past few years and hoping for the best.
I thought of him as a friend and enjoyed meeting him in Toronto at a GC get together.

There will always feeling of personal indebtedness to Scott for all of the enjoyable hours I have spent on this forum and for subsequently helping me to meet so many wonderful people.

RIP Scott. Condolences to Marnie and all of his friends and family.

@Chito ...Thanks for letting us know.

·
Premium Member
6,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
You're welcome guys. I just thought about him today and decided to check his Facebook account and there was this one post about his passing. I am surprised that it's been over a month since and no one here found out about it as I don't recall seeing anything.
I hope Marnie and the kids and grandkids are doing fine.
I just posted a link to this thread in his Facebook account. Hopefully Marnie sees it.

·
Monster Replier
'97 Strat Plus, 70's Northern Strat Copy
4,080 Posts
Always a sad day when you lose someone that clearly gave more than they took.

We had a flooring forum that was the paramount resource for that community. I learned so much from that place and the people there long before I was ever brave enough to join and participate. Probably better than 10 years. Sadly, Jim passed a few years ago now and didn't leave a succession plan in place and that community was lost. It was the saddest part of his passing knowing that what he worked so hard to create and put so much of his life into was lost.

Thankfully with the ownership change, this community will survive which is a fantastic legacy.

I never knew the man, but I can say for a fact I am grateful for this community that he established. It speaks well of who he must have been.

I feel for everyone's loss.

·
Registered
2,804 Posts
As Greco said I was also at the GC get together (both years) when they ran it. Scott came across as a down to earth and genuinely nice person. As others have said, I'm also very thankful that he started Guitars Canada. R.I.P. Scott Citrigno.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts