The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,406 Posts
I really enjoyed him in one of Mike Myers’ least successful movies, The Love Guru. Troyer had a lot more dialogue, and did a great job in his role as a Leafs manager ala Punch Imlach.

·
Registered
24,379 Posts
He lived longer than Andre the Giant, who was only 47 whan he passed away. Human bodies were not designed to be either too small, or too large. Being either is a risk. Sadly, no one gets to choose that risk.

·
Registered
5,492 Posts
He lived longer than Andre the Giant, who was only 47 whan he passed away. Human bodies were not designed to be either too small, or too large. Being either is a risk. Sadly, no one gets to choose that risk.
I was hearing chatter than alcoholism and depression may have contributed to Mr. Troyer's demise.

·
Registered
24,379 Posts
I heard that too. But in general, folks who are several standard deviations above or below the average don't live quite as long. Highly non-standard sizes are often markers for other sorts of health problems. In the case of Andre the Giant, it takes one humungous heart pump to send all that blood everywhere it's needed on a frame that extensive. So we are unsurprised to learn he died of heart failure.

Of course, alcoholism, and a lonely life, are not exactly kind to one's ticker either.

·
Registered
5,492 Posts
I heard that too. But in general, folks who are several standard deviations above or below the average don't live quite as long. Highly non-standard sizes are often markers for other sorts of health problems. In the case of Andre the Giant, it takes one humungous heart pump to send all that blood everywhere it's needed on a frame that extensive. So we are unsurprised to learn he died of heart failure.

Of course, alcoholism, and a lonely life, are not exactly kind to one's ticker either.
For sure. I didn't mean to debate your point. Really, the big and small are likely experiencing higher rates of depression and substance abuse.

·
Premium Member
64 Gretsch 6120, 65 Fender Tremolux and a 58 Supro 1624T
3,114 Posts
He had severe addiction issues and suicide was kinda hinted at in some posts by family members as well. All speculation until COD is released though.

·
Premium Member
2,974 Posts
I remember seeing him on some celebrity reality show and he was definitely depicted to have serious issues with alcohol.

One scene sticks in my mind. He's blotto (and I mean blotto), riding around the back yard on one of those three wheeled mobility scooters...buck naked. It was funny...but it wasn't funny if you know what I mean.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts