The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
435 Posts
One of the best Canadian comics. He was on the WTF with Marc Maron podcast wthin in the last year and it was interesting to hear about how many highs and lows he had over the years. He was and still is one of the comics I always enjoy seeing on just for laughs reruns. Sad to see him go.

·
Premium Member
4,438 Posts
Yes, sad to hear. He was not my cup of tea but being a stand-up comedian is a tough life and especially dealing with major health issues.

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
I've seen him numerous times on various shows and he was always funny. I also remember watching his comedy special "My House, My Rules" when it first came out. It's too bad about his health issues. R.I.P. Mike.

·
Registered
14,555 Posts
Sucks--he was funny--even his bits that are outdated now by technology changing--but I can stil laugh at that....

Condolences to his family & friends

·
Registered
24,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
One of the best Canadian comics. He was on the WTF with Marc Maron podcast wthin in the last year and it was interesting to hear about how many highs and lows he had over the years. He was and still is one of the comics I always enjoy seeing on just for laughs reruns. Sad to see him go.
Thanks for reminding me. I'd been collecting/saving WTF episodes for a couple of years and had forgotten his appearance (#836). Maron usually repeats episodes with people after their passing, so perhaps he'll repeat that one later this week.

EDIT: Actually, Maron did do a tribute to Mike this morning. And mentioned that Mike's episode is still "live" on the WTF site for subscriptionless listening. So I gather the episode won't be replayed, as in the case of comedy greats who passed away a few years after their WTF interview.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts