The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,180 Posts
This is the second guy in the music industry to die as a result of early onset dementia in his 60s this week.

Reactions: Lola

·
Registered
9,551 Posts
I just found this out. At the age of 5 I fell in love with heartthrob. I remember watching the Patridge family.

I just found out he was suffering from dementia.

·
Registered
9,551 Posts
Most likely early onset dementia brought on by alcohol abuse. RIP...
I just learned that Dementia related to alcohol abuse is called Korsakoff syndrome.

I really didn't know that some types of dementia were caused by alcoholism.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
I just learned that Dementia related to alcohol abuse is called Korsakoff syndrome.

I really didn't know that some types of dementia were caused by alcoholism.
Oh yes very much so. My little missus works in healthcare and she sees it all the time. People as young as their 40's suffering from that.

·
Registered
9,551 Posts
Oh yes very much so. My little missus works in healthcare and she sees it all the time. People as young as their 40's suffering from that.
That's horrible. I am so happy that I don't drink at all. I used when I was in my late teens an early twenties. The hangovers were a nightmare. Enough of that nonsense. I think I had a sip of champagne 5 years ago at someone's wedding if I remember correctly! I would rather eat a cookie!

·
Premium Member
5,662 Posts
It's because they have tons of disposable income unlike us commoners.
possibly also because famous people become locked up in their own homes. They can't go outside, or shopping, or hanging out like we do. It would cause a riot. That's gotta suck.

·
Premium Member
17,874 Posts
possibly also because famous people become locked up in their own homes. They can't go outside, or shopping, or hanging out like we do. It would cause a riot. That's gotta suck.
This is more of what I had in mind. He mentions exactly that in an interview.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Very sad news. I watched the Partridge Family and can still throw out the theme song lyrics. Thanks for the entertainment and music David...RIP.

·
Registered
9,551 Posts
He divorced 3x's. I think that would be another situation to add to mental stress. His alcohol addiction and drug addiction which really exacerbated his poor health and finally it helped to lead to his demise.

He was really good friends with Danny Boniduci. Both were addicts trying to keep each other on the straight and narrow. That's like the blind leading the blind.

And Keef is still going strong. Wtf is wrong with this picture?

·
Premium Member
12,586 Posts
He divorced 3x's. I think that would be another situation to add to mental stress.
No, he married 3X. That's what caused the mental stress. ;)

Sad to see this, as I don't think he lived the life we all think he did. Sounds like fame came at him so fast, he was never the same afterwards (or so says his step-mom). So, like, 40 years of isolation which lead to alcoholism and many other issues. While everyone thought he was living the life of Riley. (Off topic, who the hell is Riley and what was so great about his life?)

I will admit he had a significant impression on my getting into music. When I went to class (maybe grade 3 or 4), when the show just started out, I saw the impact it/he had on the girls. I wanted to be a part of that. I needed to be a part of that. Sadly, I was never really a part of that, as hard as I tried, but hey, I did learn to play guitar. Thanks, Mr. Cassidy. Rest in peace, finally.

·
Registered
6,596 Posts
Never took much notice of that type of world and teevee shows an all but there was some jackass on the radio awhile after he died saying that Cassidy was unhappy about being typecast for the rest of his life by that tv show and then some kids got killed at one of his concerts because they all stampeded cause they thought he was so great and the tore him up real good so if that’s all true then I have sympathy for him.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts