The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24,379 Posts
Never saw him wrestle, but always looked forward to his bombastic comments as "manager", back when WWE was WWF. Between him and "Classy" Freddie Blassie, it was exactly the sort of outrageous bombast one wants from wrestling.

·
Registered
10,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Never saw him wrestle, but always looked forward to his bombastic comments as "manager", back when WWE was WWF. Between him and "Classy" Freddie Blassie, it was exactly the sort of outrageous bombast one wants from wrestling.
I haven't paid attention to wrestling since I was a kid, but I've heard over the years that Heenan was one of the nicer guys in the business.

·
Premium Member
9,745 Posts
I miss that sort of entertainment it provided....to kids mostly.
low level pro wrestling still has some of that, we go to see it once a year when a local town has its summer fair and they have it at the town arena for free during the day for kids. my daughter loves it. last year they even had a former star show up for the paid ticket, Brutus beefcake.

·
Registered
24,379 Posts
If you haven't seen it, I recommend the Netflix series G.L.O.W.; a fictional series based on the real-life women's wrestling league established in the mid-80's. I thought they really captured the wrestling of that era quite well. Apparently, one of the advisors comes from a long family tradition of pro wrestling - WWE and lucha libre - and he made sure that none of the holds used in the series was more recent than the historical period it was supposed to take place in.

My dad sold insurance for a while, and one of the brushes-with-greatness during that brief career was selling insurance to Little Beaver ( Little Beaver (wrestler) - Wikipedia ).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts