The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Very sad.

I've been a fan of his guitars for years and I hope the company continues on with the same level of quality and dedication.

·
Registered
18,557 Posts

·
Registered
5,488 Posts
What a sad loss. His guitars introduced me to the world of high end acoustics. Absolutely stunning pieces of art and instrument.

One of his wood suppliers was a friend of my ex's father. He didn't play, but Mr. Collings gave him a lovely acoustic. I got to play it for a few months one summer.

·
Registered
18,557 Posts
His guitars were the nicest I've ever played, at any price point.

I lost a neighbour to cancer yesterday.
Sorry to hear about your neighbour, BK.

Reactions: butterknucket

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Such sad news...I hope to try one of his amazing instruments someday. Carry on the fight

·
Registered
24,147 Posts
At a party a decade back, I was chatting with the guy who began/made Sam Bats SAM BAT - The Original Maple Bat Corporation here in town. He told me that his brother, also a woodworking type, worked for Collings.

Wasn't there a beer ad or something a couple years ago that showed the fabrication of a Collings in progress?

Whatever, you gotta pay your respects to people who dedicate themselves to honing their craft in service of others.

·
Premium Member
1,939 Posts
Very sad.

I've been a fan of his guitars for years and I hope the company continues on with the same level of quality and dedication.
Yes I just heard this news last night, It is sad.
Although I did not Know Mr Collings, I have owned and loved many of the guitars that carry his name. There is an incredible quality and consistency in his builds. Ive never played an average one.
A testament to the man's vision and being able to pass that high level of commitment to the 50 or more people that work for him.
Sad to lose a visionary that also was a student of the great American guitars of this past century and perhaps the leading American luthier of his generation.

·
Registered
498 Posts

·
Registered
9,289 Posts
This sad!

They will never find the " cure" for cancer in our lifetime because of the revenue it generates. That's sad!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts