The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
This is certainly sad news. As a kid, I'd literally run home from school before the theme song from Batman started. RIP Mr West but you brought many smiles and chuckles to this batty world.

[video]

[video]

Reactions: zontar

·
Registered
345 Posts
Adam West was my first TV superhero. Yep, the comic book and later movie portrayal of the "darker" Batman is the real deal. But as a kid, I just loved the show for what it was. Thank goodness they were able to issue the complete series on Blu-Ray a few years ago, after years of red tape.

I snatched the following GIF from Jezebel.com. For those of us who loved the 1966 Batman TV series, this may strike a chord.

R.I.P. Adam West

·
Premium Member
10,025 Posts
I loved those campy versions of the comic, fun show.

RIP Mr West.
I saw an episode a couple months ago...in one scene, batman in full costume is standing beside the chief of police, talking to each other in a room...a deliveryman walks in with a package, looks at them and says "is one of you, Batman?"
I lol'd hard. Sooo stupid, but fun.

·
Registered
14,885 Posts
There was an ineteresting documentary about him on Netflix last year. I recall it was much better than I expected it to be.
I watched it--enjoyed it.

Growing up it seemed syndicated re-runs of Batman were often playing.
They don't seem to get shown much--but I have the movie they did on DVD--still a lot of fun--and one of my favorite movie scenes ever:
(It cuts off before Batman says he was able to shield himself behind those heavy bars. Then Robin mentions batman risking his life for the riff raff in that bar--and Batman replies--They may be Drinkers, but they're human beings) (Not exact quotes)

And that Netflix doc included this catchy tune...

maybe he was typecast--but only because he did his job so well for the style of the show

Condolences to his family & friends.

Reactions: leftysg

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
I used to watch the Batman show when I was a kid. At the time I didn't find it campy but as I got older I realized just how campy it was, but it was campy in a good way. I also remember several years ago watching "Eds Night Party" when Adam was the guest and he seemed like he thoroughly enjoyed being on the show. R,I.P. Mr. West.

·
Registered
3,622 Posts
RIP

those were great shows

1 - 20 of 26 Posts