The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

Rig Pics!

267K views 1K replies 357 participants last post by  fatherjacques 
#1 ·
#7 · (Edited)
ENDITOL said:
Dude, is that an Eternity? I didn't think anyone in Calgary had one. I would LOVE to hear that one. I've got a couple of pedals that I could offer up for an interesting comparison...heck, we need a city-wide OD shootout! :rockon2:

I'd post a pic of my rig, but no one is going to get a woodie from a Tele, a tweed Deluxe clone and a handful of pedals :tongue: .

#8 ·
thegame said:
Nice. Is that a front loaded cab? Are you anywhere near Toronto/Niagara?
Yes, front loaded, sounds killer. I am in Calgary.

Coustfan'01: I just gave my rig a major revamp so almost everything is pretty new - I'm looking forward to munging it up more very soon!

Teleplucker: Yes, it's an Eternity, great pedal, best OD I've had yet.

#12 ·
jaymeister said:
Killer rig gproud. I see you are running only one speaker in the cab? Sorta like a large port...is that the intention?
Yeah. It's a 'detuned' cab. I've always been interested in trying it. So I took a speaker out and left the Hellatone 30 in it to run with my 18 Watt TMB. The sound improvement was unbelievable. Fuller, more open, and the 30 watt speaker breaks up very nicely with the amp.

#13 ·
thegame said:
What kind of power conditioner unit is that in the 2nd pic?

thanks
It's an ART SP 4x4. All the low end stuff from these guys and Furman/Rack rider are essentially the same...distribute power with a bit of EMI/RFI filtering. Not really a true conditioner/voltage regulator. It works good though. I like the vertical orientation of the sockets better than the Furman units.

#21 ·
#24 ·
Yerffej said:
who buys a $2000 srv strat to change the pickguard!?

anyway, please tell us about the guitars and amps. the little tweed combo looks particularly interesting
At the time I liked the sound of the SRV strat and that was my main reason for purchasing it, it really did not have anything to do with it being a signature strat. I was trying various different strats and it was the one I liked best. The pickguard with SRV on it was the one thing I did not like about it. Everyone sees you with an SRV strat and expects you to play like SRV! Eventually I wanted to go with noiseless pickups hence I put in the Dimarzio virtual vintage pickups later on. They are quiet as a mouse.

The jazz guitar is a Sadowsky Jim Hall model. It's a sweet guitar. The tweed amp is a Jazzkat JP 100, named after John Pizzarelli. Sounds great with the Sadowsky. At the time I ordered it directly from JazzKat. They asked me for some dealers I dealt with in the area and I recommended they contact 12th fret. They obviously did because since that time I have found out the 12th fret now carry them.