The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
329 Posts
Part of my current rig.

Haha, quoting myself FTW!

I've gone through a few variations since then, and never bothered to post pics.

I traded the Legacy for a JCM 900 4500 converted to EL34s. Definitely an improvement. I never did get along with the Legacy.

I also picked up this rarity. It's a Carlsbro 50 Top Evolution. It's a wonderful sounding, versatile amp made in England.

I got rid of the B-52, and in came this little beast. It's a 6 knob non-AOR. Unfortunately, someone had messed with the effects loop, so I had to have Glen Morris put it back to stock.

To be continued...

· Registered
329 Posts
3 English amps in a row later, I grabbed this little Mesa F-30. It's ridiculously loud for a 30 watt amp, and I really like it a lot. It's honestly one of the coolest amps I've ever owned

Finally, I picked up this brand new Peavey Windsor for dirt cheap, out of curiosity. Sadly, by itself, it sounds pretty awful. If I run my Rocktron pre-amp into the Peavey's power amp, it sounds good, but otherwise, not my cup o tea.

· Registered
329 Posts
How is you SOldano? I heard many god things about the Super Lead Overdrive and the HOt Rod is supposed to have the SLO channel! Is the drive channel is good?
How's the clean channel?
Since I haven't had the chance to play a SLO, I can't compare the two, but it does sound very similar to the SLO clips I've heard. In a nutshell, it sounds godly. My Marshall is for sale.

· Registered
329 Posts
Awesome! I love knuckleheads.

awesome set up.

Thanks. Yeah Riveras are extremely underappreciated and seem to fly under the radar compared to most other "boutique" brands. I think what can turn people off is that they generally need volume to really sound like they should. I use the effects loop levels to help fix that, but they still sound better loud. The KII is my go-to amp and get's played at practice and at gigs far more so than anything else. I have never played an amp that cuts through the mix better than My Knucklehead II.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts