The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone using this? it's a freebie from sonoma wire works. not as complicated as some of the other software out there, but also doesn't do quite as much. it seems to do enough for me to find it very useful. we can record whole songs with it.
just wondering if anyone else out there might be using it too

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
Yep, I've used it in the past. It's pretty straightforward and I especially like the drum sounds you can download for it.
EDIT: Just to expand on this a little, for anybody interested in this, Riffworks is more like a sketchpad for song ideas. You can record up to 4 tracks and if you want to expand things to add more tracks in your main digital audio workstation you can export the tracks as wav files (in the Windows version. In the Mac version they'll probably be aiff files.) I actually recorded a song idea using Riffworks a few years back. It's very easy to use. Unfortunately the Sonoma Wireworks website doesn't have a download for it anymore but I have found an alternate website where you can download both the Windows and Mac versions if anybody wants to check it out:

Windows version RiffWorks T4

Mac version RiffWorks T4

Here's a short YouTube tutorial that gives a pretty good insight into the program:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts