The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
3,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just put one of these Celestion V30 clones into my amp. Wow, these things are amazing and are selling for a stupidly low price. My buddy and I each got one (saved on shipping) and it was less than $100 to my door!!! :eek: Others have said the classic leads are great. Side by side, the Celestion V30 and this speaker look almost identical.

No affiliation, but just thought I would let you know:

http://stores.ebay.com/Warehouse-Guitar-Speakers

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Thanks for the info. Those are tempting. If anyone in Calgary wants to split the shipping on a couple of those let me know.

·
Registered
3,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info. Those are tempting. If anyone in Calgary wants to split the shipping on a couple of those let me know.
No problem. If anyone is even considering buying one of these Celestion models you should hop on board. I even considered buying a couple of extra just for the hell of it (never know when you need a speaker).

TG

·
Registered
68 Posts
$20 for classic lead!?Is this the 75w?I used to have a Crate 4x12 with no name speakers that sounded EXACTLY like 25W greenbacks.I think Celestion is rippin us off man!

·
Registered
3,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
$20 for classic lead!?Is this the 75w?I used to have a Crate 4x12 with no name speakers that sounded EXACTLY like 25W greenbacks.I think Celestion is rippin us off man!
Sometimes you pay a lot for a "name." If am REALLY surprised this thread hasn't generated much interest. I thought people would be all over it and asking a thousand questions. Perhaps they assume it is too good to be true.

TG

·
Premium Member
243 Posts
I have one of the V30 clones in my Avatar 2x12 next to a Hellatone 30. Great speaker. Great value. Hell, it cost $10.00 more to ship than I paid for it, but for roughly $60.00 Canadian for a brand new speaker, you can't beat that deal IMO.

·
Registered
3,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have one of the V30 clones in my Avatar 2x12 next to a Hellatone 30. Great speaker. Great value. Hell, it cost $10.00 more to ship than I paid for it, but for roughly $60.00 Canadian for a brand new speaker, you can't beat that deal IMO.
That's why my buddy and I bought one at the same time: shipping two speakers is a lot cheaper then shipping one (one you divide the cost in half). Came in at just under $50 Cdn for a speaker which basically costs $130 BEFORE shipping!

TG

·
Registered
64 Posts
Hey traynor_garnet have you and/or your buddy installed your speakers yet? If so, how do they sound?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
I've contacted them top see if they will sell me a truck load. I have a cabinet maker that wants to make guitar cabinets for me all I need is something decent and affordable to load them with.

If the deal goes through, I should be able to sell them for the same price but with more resonable shipping.

I wouldn't hold my breath though, I've never been able to broker any kind of quantity deal from an e-bay contact.

·
Premium Member
243 Posts
I've contacted them top see if they will sell me a truck load. I have a cabinet maker that wants to make guitar cabinets for me all I need is something decent and affordable to load them with.

If the deal goes through, I should be able to sell them for the same price but with more resonable shipping.

I wouldn't hold my breath though, I've never been able to broker any kind of quantity deal from an e-bay contact.
Try getting a hold of him through his website if you haven't already.

http://warehousespeakers.com/

·
Registered
3,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey traynor_garnet have you and/or your buddy installed your speakers yet? If so, how do they sound?

Thanks!
We have both installed them but I haven't had a chance to crank mine up yet. His is in an old Garnet running 6V6s and mine is in an old Traynor running El 84s.

At low volumes mine sounds great! Much less stiff then the Emi Tonker that I had in before (great speaker just too much speaker for a 20 watt amp). I live in an apartment so volume is an issue but as I play with fire and turn up a little bit I can really start to hear it come to life. I cannot wait to crank this thing and break it in.

For reference, I've owned Weber, Eminence, and Celestion speakers and this is just as good as any of them.

TG

·
Premium Member
243 Posts
We have both installed them but I haven't had a chance to crank mine up yet. His is in an old Garnet running 6V6s and mine is in an old Traynor running El 84s.

At low volumes mine sounds great! Much less stiff then the Emi Tonker that I had in before (great speaker just too much speaker for a 20 watt amp). I live in an apartment so volume is an issue but as I play with fire and turn up a little bit I can really start to hear it come to life. I cannot wait to crank this thing and break it in.

For reference, I've owned Weber, Eminence, and Celestion speakers and this is just as good as any of them.

TG
I don't have Golden Ears or anything, so I can't say 'Hey this speaker sounds the exact same as a V30', but I had a V30 in my 2x12 with the Hellatone 30 I have in it now, and I can say that this clone does sound better than I remember the other one sounding. Not so shrill on the high end. I've always said that V30's need to be paired with another speaker, because they are a good speaker, but I have no complaints about the clone either. Very nice tone matched with the Hellatone 30. IMO.

·
Registered
3,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Took my amp avec new speaker to a jam last night. Man, what a great tone and this thing isn't even broke in yet.

Order one today. Just a stupid deal.

TG

·
Registered
585 Posts
Thanks, I missed that. I have sent him an e-mail, now I will have to wait to see what happens.
Dude, you get those here and sell em at the same price, I will love you forever and buy that lovely hard tail guitar. Seriously, I love that guitar for that price and the custom one with hard tail options and 24 frets looks orgasmic.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
WOW...im going to try to buy one of those to make a 1x12. I will be probably running a valve junior or something similar into it. What is the difference between the classic lead 8ohm and the classic lead 16 ohm? Is there a tonal difference, or is it just to match the impedance of the cabinet you want? What speakers do i want for a 1x12? help lol

edit: hey hammguitars, if you can get that deal, Im in :D

edit again: Is it hard to put together a 1x12 cabinet? I dont need tolex, etc, I will probably just use plywood for the overall construction, then use a thin sheet of mahogany on the outer panels of the amp for appearance, and then stain the mahogany with a light cherry finish and varnish it :D good idea or no? Also, I will put some nice grill cloth on afterwards. is this a reasonable project for an 18 year old? I have some experience with woodworking, and I have ample tools to work with.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Thanks, I missed that. I have sent him an e-mail, now I will have to wait to see what happens.
hey hamm! I threw in a few good words for you at thegearpage.net and I talked to the owner of Warehouse Speakers. He said he's all for you getting a truckload, etc :D

Cant wait to see how this turns out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good luck!!!:rockon::rockon::rockon:

·
Registered
104 Posts
I'm about to pull the trigger and buy a couple of these. If anyone in Vancouver is thinking about it, let me know ASAP - it will be way cheaper to split the shipping on a multi-speaker order!

Cheers,
Blair

I

·
0 Posts
More and more people are raving about this guy's speakers. I just got the latest newsletter from Brian Wampler at IndyGuitarist.com and he was going on about their V30's. Thought they were better than the reissues from Celestion.

I'm sold. I've been wanting to try some different speakers in my Koch. Now I can swap until the cows come home.

1 - 20 of 100 Posts