The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11,750 Posts
I took note of the shirt immediately Sulfer. Where can I get one?
When Ryan of Dr S offered up pre-orders on the CosmiChorus v3, he limited it to 100 units and threw in the Tshirt on each pedal.
AFAIK they were only available for those orders. I had two and they're both gonzo as gifts.

·
Premium Member
3,092 Posts
Arn't the screws for setting the intonation available from the front also. Looks like it to me but what do I know.

·
Registered
662 Posts
I love the look and sound of rics, but the two I played at L&M last week had finish flaws and you could fit a .5 pick under the tail end of the bridge on both.

·
Premium Member
326 Posts
I have a 4003 that you can see as my avatar. I love it, but it is not the most versatile bass to play. That said nothing else sounds like a Ric bass, and I am a huge McCartney fan.

Hipshot makes a replacement bridge that seems to get a lot of positive reviews on TalkBass. I haven't tried it, but it is tempting. Here is a pic:
Ric Bridge.jpg

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
Good thing that once your set up is done you dont have to f... around with ajustements... Very poorly designed bridge, they just went with the look factor.

·
Registered
662 Posts
I'll own a Ric someday, but it's hard to bite the bullet on such expensive basses that have been plagued with flaws in recent years. Tail lifting, finishes flaking off, neck twists... I really love the tone of their basses, and I know I will own a mapleglo at some point, but damn do I wish QC was better for a $2k instrument.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts