The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know how much these cost in Canada and where I can find one (or alternatively, how long I'll have to wait for one?) to try? For some odd (and potentially irrational reason), I really want one in Jetglo.

·
Registered
781 Posts
There was one at Murch in Cambridge a little while ago, not sure if they still have it.

Andy

·
Registered
163 Posts
The one that was at L&M here sold for $1795. That seemed liked a deal from what I have seen for Rics.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah... the Waterloo L&M isn't on the dealer list (and i haven't seen one in this L&M yet so far)... maybe i'll take a drive down sometime... then i can try mesa amps while i'm there.

Hmm... that's kinda pricey... i guess i'll be waiting until after i start work :D

·
Registered
163 Posts
Yeah... the Waterloo L&M isn't on the dealer list (and i haven't seen one in this L&M yet so far)... maybe i'll take a drive down sometime... then i can try mesa amps while i'm there.

Hmm... that's kinda pricey... i guess i'll be waiting until after i start work :D
That's not a bad plan :) I really wanted to try the one that was here and when I went back it was gone. I go for one in either black or blue, my two favourite Ric colours.

·
Premium Member
301 Posts
My brother has one on order at L&M (North York)... Price is $1699 (plus tax), and he was told the wait is up to 18 months for a JetGlo. Price seems pretty good considering what I've seen them selling for on ebay, but the wait time is ridiculous.

Cheers,
Joe

·
Registered
4 Posts
Tired of the wait!

Hey Jane
I too had one on order from L&M in Ottawa and was told 12 to 18 month wait. After about 4 months I took my deposit back and bought a MMB Sterling, and haven't looked back. Try one, you may be surprised. I still want a Ric someday, but this thing makes the wait a whole lot easier.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks!

I tried a MM Stingray in... March/April of this year - I really liked it too. There's so many things I'd like to have - and I already feel that 2 guitars & 2 basses is a little excessive (I mean, I can only play one at a time, right?)

I'm have to stop spending money on this stuff. I'm debating reworking my SX P/J (I already have most of the parts that I wanted) or selling it (and the parts) and getting something totally different since I also have a Fender P. Maybe a Jazz... or a Musicman. Thing is, I kind of really like the SX - I think I got lucky and got a really nice one.

·
Registered
182 Posts
There's nothing wrong with having two guitars and two basses. :smile:
I have an acoustic guitar, an electric guitar, a four string bass and a five string bass.

·
Premium Member
301 Posts
RIC update...

My brother's still on the waiting list at L&M, but I surprised him with a brand new JetGlo 4003... Today!! Musicians Friend had them in stock so I ordered it up last week while the Canadian dollar was hovering around $1.07US. Their price was $1599US plus $75 to ship - only had to pay taxes when it showed up (made in USA = no duty :smilie_flagge17:). Saved about $130 off the L&M price, but the best part was it only took a week to get.
Haven't heard it through an amp yet, but it sure does look purdy :)

Cheers,
Joe

·
Registered
163 Posts
RIC update...

My brother's still on the waiting list at L&M, but I surprised him with a brand new JetGlo 4003... Today!! Musicians Friend had them in stock so I ordered it up last week while the Canadian dollar was hovering around $1.07US. Their price was $1599US plus $75 to ship - only had to pay taxes when it showed up (made in USA = no duty :smilie_flagge17:). Saved about $130 off the L&M price, but the best part was it only took a week to get.

Cheers,
Joe
Very cool! I would like to see a review of it once it is broken in a bit.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
RIC update...

Cheers,
Joe
That's awesome! I too would love to see pics and a review.

I thought MF were back-ordered on Rics? At least according to all the people at HC...

·
Premium Member
301 Posts
I thought MF were back-ordered on Rics? At least according to all the people at HC...
According to the customer service rep I spoke with, they had 12 JetGlo 4003's in stock - the MF website still shows it as "in stock & ready to ship". All the other colours are backordered.
Will hopefully get some pics up soon - this is our busiest time of year at work so it might take a while before I get a chance to snap some shots.

Cheers,
Joe

1 - 17 of 17 Posts