The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
9,524 Posts
They were my fave band to listen to. They had their distinct sound. Rick had that unique quality in his voice. I can hear him...“You might think I’m crazy...”
I recall a tale, way back when music videos were the new rage, that Rick hit it off with a model who was hired for a music video they were cutting, they married, and he quit playing.
True, or B.S.? ...anyone?
Anyway, very sad news.
There was a model on set for one of their videos and they got married, but he kept playing.

Apparently they seperated a year ago or so.

·
Premium Member
16,510 Posts
I just found out today that he produced a record by a band our last producer loves. Anyone here listen to Nada Surf? He did one of their records.

·
Registered
9,524 Posts
I just found out today that he produced a record by a band our last producer loves. Anyone here listen to Nada Surf? He did one of their records.
Are you talking about the first Nada Surf record? I remember reading an interview with them back in the 90's where they talked about how star struck they were working with Ric.

·
Premium Member
16,510 Posts
Are you talking about the first Nada Surf record? I remember reading an interview with them back in the 90's where they talked about how star struck they were working with Ric.
Not being terribly familiar with the band, I don't know haha. I believe it was Danko Jones that posted a pic of one of their records and had "produced by Ric Ocasek" on the back under the band photo. It's likely that one though.

·
Registered
9,524 Posts
Not being terribly familiar with the band, I don't know haha. I believe it was Danko Jones that posted a pic of one of their records and had "produced by Ric Ocasek" on the back under the band photo. It's likely that one though.
I believe he produced a few Weezer records too.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts