The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

Reverend!

7K views 48 replies 18 participants last post by  dmcguire 
#1 · (Edited)
I just bought my second Reverend! A Flatroc this time.

I found a great Canadian dealer, but I don't know if it's ok to link a store's site on here or not.

I tried contacting Capsule and they wouldn't return my emails or calls. Plus they never have any stock anyway. This place has plenty of stock.

I guess email me if you want details, or if it's ok to post a link someone let me know.

#3 ·
Reverend

I've been trying to get my hands on a Warkhawk 390 , and like you i've been trying to get pricing . Capsule told me they could get them at a fairly good price but weren't sure if they could sell to me cause in in a different province ( NS ) ???? Whats up with that ! They told me to email them , which i did , with no response . Another dealer in Alberta say they can ship but was hoping to find something a little closer .

any info you could provide would be greatly appreciated !

#4 ·
Robert, this was a mail order. It will be here next week.

I can tell you from my experiences with my Charger 290 I have absolutely zero hesitation buying one without playing it. Even though the prices have gone up a bit now that Reverend doesn't sell direct, they are the best value out there IMO. Wilkinson hardware, fantastic pickups, great build quality.

I went with the Les Trem option again on this one. It adds about $100 to the price, but they are a great unit.

From all reports the Flatroc does Gretsch almost as well as a Gretsch.

Here is a clip on youtube of an older Flatroc with a Bigsgy. Same pickups though. Not the best quality clip but it gives you a taste:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=kcuBogY_PQY

And last but not least the dealer is Underdog Music Co in Sasksatoon. They are a licensed Rev dealer. They were fantastic to deal with over the phone, and the people working there are all playing Reverends right now! Their sentiments on them echo mine. There prices are a hair better then Capsules too. I pay a little more in shipping then I would driving to Toronto, but they had every model to choose from and they actually returned my emails unlike Capsule.

#7 ·
Cale0906, did you receive my e-mail reply? We have a Metallic Alpine Warhawk 390 coming in our opening shipment. Like all our guitar products, they will be available for sale and demo at Moog Audio in Montreal and for customers outside Quebec, directly through us.

Andy www.diffusion-audio.com

ps. this is so new, we haven't had a chance to post the products yet on the website. Pricing will be very competitive and we ordered 20+ guitars to get on board. If you're looking for a particular model, we probably already have it in the queue

#8 ·
Cale0906, did you receive my e-mail reply? We have a Metallic Alpine Warhawk 390 coming in our opening shipment. Like all our guitar products, they will be available for sale and demo at Moog Audio in Montreal and for customers outside Quebec, directly through us.

ps. this is so new, we haven't had a chance to post the products yet on the website. Pricing will be very competitive and we ordered 20+ guitars to get on board. If you're looking for a particular model, we probably already have it in the queue
Email sent inquiring about a Reverend!

#11 ·
Canadian dealers of Reverend:

RKM Music (link is dead)
66-975 Broadmoor Blvd.
Sherwood Park, Alberta
Canada T8A 5W9
ph: 780-417-9916

Capsule Music
921 Queen St. West
Toronto, Ontario
Canada M6J 1G5
ph: 416-203-0202

Underdog Music
212 2nd Ave N.
Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
Canada S7K 2B5
ph: 306-665-8364
fax: 306-373-8364
email: sales@underdogmusiccompany.com

Moog Audio/Diffusion-Audio, Inc.
3828 Boul St-Laurent
Montreal, Quebec
Canada H2W 1X6
ph: 450-227-3818

Underdog seems alright, but they're pricing their guitars at list price, which is a lot more than other dealers.

#12 ·
Hey Andy

No i didnt get your email but i will be calling you today or monday am ! I am interested in a Warhawk 390 ! Thanks for your reply

#13 · (Edited)
Since Reverend stopped selling direct, ALL the stores have raised their prices. The dealers in the States are now charging an average of $100 more per guitar. I don't think Capsules prices will stay that low for long, but who knows. They somehow have prices even lower then the US stores. They have a Buckshot listed for $499, which is lower than I have ever seen. Are their prices on the site in USD or CAD?

Capsule might have the best prices right now, but what good does that do me if they never have any stock? They never answered any of my emails about a specialty order, or shipping guitars either.

Technically, Underground's prices are below list price quoted on Rev's site (because the list is in USD). Also, the mistake on my part is I didn't try to talk them down at all. I am 100% sure you probably could. But again, compared to what I see places charges in the States now, and taking into account duties and taxes, I don't find Undergrounds prices aren't THAT high. Compared to Capsule, they are high. I just wanted to get the model I wanted right away and they are the first store to have it in stock.

#14 ·
I am so getting that Warhawk II HB guitar. I've heard of Reverend, but never looked into them until now. I can honestly say I've never heard/seen/read such praise for a single guitar line...and they cost $400-700. You see loads of professional musicians using stock $500 guitars when they could be using anything!

I'm truly amazed and can't wait to pick one up.

#16 ·
#17 ·
Hey, cool... my SO's family has a cottage 20 minutes from St-Sauveur... nice part of southern Quebec for sure. Best of luck with the business! And having very recently hefted a Reverend with my own hands and gave it a strum (thanks, torndownunit!), I have to say that these are guitars with true mojo.. great lines, impressive fit and finish and an amazing, supple neck. I just told my gal that I'm done buying guitars but who am I kidding? I think there's a Reverend Daredevil in my future.

#19 ·
Just love the Warhawk HB in blue. Oh great... now i feel it coming on again...
The prices your listing look good for such a great guitar. Adam let me know how you like it when you get it, you going for the black or the blue?
I'm going for the black. Love the cream coloured pickguard! I'd like a vibrato bar but I'll probably pass since I don't use it all that much. I can always get a Bigsby if I really need one.

Here's a Guitar World video review of the Warhawk:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=go6J4wX9x1A

#21 ·
#23 ·
Reverend

Hello Andy, I am from B.C. where there are no dealers for Reverend Guitars.
Are you able to ship to B.C.?
If you can what taxes are applicable,just the GST?
How much to ship to B.C.?
Thanks in advance,

Ok we're up and running:

http://www.diffusion-audio.com/store/cart.php?target=category&category_id=330

Lots of guitars coming in, please contact us if you're looking for something in particular as not all models are available for immediate delivery.

Andy

#24 ·
The tax rules are PST/GST in Quebec, HST where that applies and just GST everywhere else. The customer volunteerly remits the PST as applicable in their respective province:smilie_flagge17: (that afaik is the letter of the law).

To answer your question, just GST to BC, shipping will be about $45 and take 5 business days.

Thanks,

Andy

ps. perhaps I'll start a thread in the dealer area, we can move these posts there and concentrate this thread on the guitars themselves?????

#25 ·
Just bought the Warhawk II HB and I'm so stoked! Should be here in 2-3 days, I'll let you know how it is!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.