The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Anyone know of anywhere in Canada to buy a new reverb tank for my old bandmaster? Need a 4AB3C1B
I don't think there is a source, Dave! And as you know, I'm old and have spent a long time looking!:smile:

http://www.tubesandmore.com has the best prices on tanks. Phoenix, Arizona.

I've been using them for years and they've always been great. Let them ship by mail and you'll see it in 2-3 weeks. They ship same day and the US mail will get it to the border by the next but then Canada Post and Customs have to show how fast they are...

:food-smiley-004:

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Check your solder joints first....
Good point! Shudda thought of that!

Most times it's easy to repair a tank, Dave. Have you opened it up or did it just disappear in the night?:smile:

·
Administrator
15,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good point! Shudda thought of that!

Most times it's easy to repair a tank, Dave. Have you opened it up or did it just disappear in the night?:smile:

That was the first thing I did guys, thanks for the thought though. :smile: Checked the solder, checked the tube, swapped it out with another tank (from the traynor). No sign of obvious damage, just quit working.

·
Registered
7,207 Posts
Actually heat the joints? I went through the same thing on the Deeluxe a month ago. When lars looked at it ( captainfoldback.com) to some other stuff it was a bad solder joint which looked fine to me.. so I still have the original tank and the new one went elsewheres.

·
Administrator
15,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Actually heat the joints? I went through the same thing on the Deeluxe a month ago. When lars looked at it ( captainfoldback.com) to some other stuff it was a bad solder joint which looked fine to me.. so I still have the original tank and the new one went elsewheres.
LOl, I'll give it try.

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
LOl, I'll give it try.
Dave, if you look inside the tank you'll see how the springs are flanked at each end by a transducer, each of which will have thin flexible wires running over to the appropriate RCA style jack.

The usual fault is that one or more of these wires just weren't flexible enough after all the years and broke from the vibration. Re-connecting it is easy.

Some tanks will have some kind of "plug onto two pins" arrangement. What I do with these is to use some LED plugs with wires scrounged from junked computers. There's always a zillion of these little plugs connecting LEDs or whatever to the motherboard. The spacing is perfect for plugging onto the transducer pins and the wires are very flexible.

9 times out of 10 it's an easy repair.

·
Administrator
15,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Everything "looks good". I re-heated the joints on the RCA jacks and it still doesn't work. I'll bring it with me when I drop the Busen off. If, or should I say when, you fix it, it's yours. :smile:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts