The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
I thought Tundra was primarily a used/vintage instrument seller.

·
Premium Member
17,370 Posts
Their pricing is high, so keep looking around. Its that easy.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
I saw some of their ads on reverb : they had quite low prices but received some bad comments...
I saw their prices climb last week I guess (I had been looking for a Yamaha LS-26).
Anyway, "action pending" since I need to sell some axes to make room and get some bucks...

·
Premium Member
794 Posts
he floods kijiji all the time too, or used to. i wouldn't buy from that guy no matter the price, because i got sick of seeing him abuse the kijiji thing for so long.
Same on eBay. A long time ago I sent a message asking if they really had ALL of those guitars in stock. Never got a reply. Buyer beware.

·
Premium Member
3,256 Posts
Bad dudes, stay away. They have multiple locations in the GTA, mostly on the east side IIRC. They sell new stuff as well as the used. They started out back in the day used/vintage only but expanded from their 1 Scarborough location since I was a teenager. Nothing is ever well priced and they are shadey to boot.

·
Premium Member
4,624 Posts
Met them at the guitar show last year. Seemed like nice guys. Their gear seemed priced a bit high but they had some unique stuff. Didn't get any bad vibes.

·
Registered
761 Posts
I have heard (second hand info warning) that they often don't have what they advertise in stock and you order and wait and wait with little or no updates

·
Premium Member
3,256 Posts
Met them at the guitar show last year. Seemed like nice guys. Their gear seemed priced a bit high but they had some unique stuff. Didn't get any bad vibes.
Try to buy something (not new off the floor at their asking price) and you'll see.

Because they missed answering your one email you throw them under the bus?
I was the one who slammed them, not him. It is fair to be put off by non-responsiveness, and that is all he said.

What I said is based on years of awareness and a few attempts at business with them (one recent, cuz I forgot they were dicks/gave them another chance after 10 years of steering clear). I will not go into details here, but their biz model when they started out (in the pre-internet era) was illuminating as to their character. It is mostly the one owner person; the other guys are just employees and can't make it better.

L

·
0 Posts
.. they often don't have what they advertise in stock and you order and wait and wait with little or no updates
It makes one wonder if they're just being brokers here?
ie; place an order and then they'll look around kijiji/craiglist etc to find what you request and then flip it to you?

·
Premium Member
518 Posts
They have been known to misrepresent vintage gear. I personally know many forum members that have been affected. Just wait for this thread to get out of hand.

They also have 53 occurrences of negative feedback in the last 12 months on their eBay page. burst_buyer on eBay

·
Registered
470 Posts
I spent about $4500 in there at Xmas 2016. After a while I sent a few emails inquiring about other guitars. No replies. Left a message. No call back.

Stopped in there about six months ago and the owner kinda remembered me. Told him about the lack of communication and he gave me his personal email.

And yep, you guessed it, I've not recd a reply from him to the emails I've sent.

·
Premium Member
794 Posts
Because they missed answering your one email you throw them under the bus?
I was the one who slammed them, not him. It is fair to be put off by non-responsiveness, and that is all he said.
I have very low tolerance for any business that does not reply to messages. Happy to take my business elsewhere. No interest in chasing them.

In Tundra's case, I have a guitar friend who is very happy with them. He knows someone there, and goes in person to buy.

·
Premium Member
3,256 Posts
Yeah, Tundra has built a bit of a community with their annual guitar shows. They do alright bey their friends, from what I have seen, and they have their supporters, but to me, the measure of a business is how they treat any geek off the street. I mean, the incident I mention in that other thread was just egregious.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts