The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a question about my Peavey Classic 30. I'm getting a hum through the reverb circuit even with no guitar plugged in. It's quiet with the reverb control at 0 but gets louder as I start to turn the reverb up. Can't really use it past 4 or 5 as the hum gets too loud.
Any thoughts?

·
Premium Member
Air guitar
3,255 Posts
I've had that issue, there's likely something in your house that's causing interference and the reverb is acting like an antenna. The source for mine with the HVAC and there was nothing I could do. I just use a pedal for verb now, using it on the amp is just frustrating.

·
Registered
5,739 Posts
Something as simple as oxidized connectors can cause this. Try unplugging and re-connecting the cables at the tank before anything else.
All tanks hum a little as you turn up the reverb, but what you have described sounds worse than the normal amount.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've had that issue, there's likely something in your house that's causing interference and the reverb is acting like an antenna. The source for mine with the HVAC and there was nothing I could do. I just use a pedal for verb now, using it on the amp is just frustrating.
That makes sense. It's far worse on stage than it is at home.
Thanks for the other responses, I'll give those things a try but I do have an external reverb that I can use.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts