The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have a Keeley Caverns but would like to get something with a more versatile delay and better reverbs. The Source Audio Collider and GFI Specular Tempus seem interesting but was wondering if there was anything else worth considering as well?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I wouldn't hesitate in suggesting the Zoom multi stomp pedals.
The revs and delays are very good.
Even direct into a mixer and critical listening, they are comparable to units costing much more.
I actually have a Zoom MS50G that I use with my Katana mini and have to agree that their ambient sounds are pretty good for the price. But I really want something that has multiple reverb and delay effects with separate stomp buttons for both. I'm actually starting to think a used HX stomp or similar might be another option as well...

·
Registered
3,504 Posts
I currently have a Keeley Caverns but would like to get something with a more versatile delay and better reverbs. The Source Audio Collider and GFI Specular Tempus seem interesting but was wondering if there was anything else worth considering as well?
I’ve been considering the Caverns. What do you mean by better reverb? Is the sound quality not good or do you just want more choices?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I’ve been considering the Caverns. What do you mean by better reverb? Is the sound quality not good or do you just want more choices?
Sound quality is fine but it would be nice if the spring reverb could do that full drippy sound that you get from a Fender amp. Having a hall or plate reverb (and other ambient type reverbs) would be nice as well.

·
Premium Member
1,775 Posts
The search ended at the tempus for me. Does everything I want, easy to edit patches on the computer and add the triple switch or connect to boards midi and away we fly.

pisses me off I spent so much time pissing around with everything under the sun before picking one up

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The search ended at the tempus for me. Does everything I want, easy to edit patches on the computer and add the triple switch or connect to boards midi and away we fly.

pisses me off I spent so much time pissing around with everything under the sun before picking one up
How would you compare it to the collider? I'm definitely interested in the Tempus as well but I've heard from a couple of folks that say the delay side isn't as good as the Collider's but in all the videos I've watched it seems pretty decent to me.

·
Premium Member
1,775 Posts
How would you compare it to the collider? I'm definitely interested in the Tempus as well but I've heard from a couple of folks that say the delay side isn't as good as the Collider's but in all the videos I've watched it seems pretty decent to me.
That would be pretty nitpicks for me. I don’t own the collider but my friend does, we determined that you couldn’t go wrong with either but it’s just like, our opinion and stuff.

But the editing is crazy and the delays are spectacular so I’m not sure how much better they could be. I think they are better than all the strymon Delays I bought and sold.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
That would be pretty nitpicks for me. I don’t own the collider but my friend does, we determined that you couldn’t go wrong with either but it’s just like, our opinion and stuff.

But the editing is crazy and the delays are spectacular so I’m not sure how much better they could be. I think they were better than all the strymon Delays I bought and sold.
Yeah I think I'd be happy with either as well. Tbh, I've been pretty happy with the delay on the Caverns as well...it's just that having more than 600ms would be fun to play with but it's more of a nice to have then a must have.

Worst comes to worst...if I can't find a decent deal on the GFI/Collider/Mooer than I might just get a Neunaber Immerse MK2 and keep the caverns for delay effects for now.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Boss RV-500. Amazing, versatile reverbs but less versatile delays. Lots of options for control and modulation of delays but limited types.
great pedal though. Reverbs so good delay is just icing.

·
Premium Member
524 Posts
I would suggest considering getting separate delay and reverb pedals. Usually, dedicated units sound better and are more versatile.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I would suggest considering getting separate delay and reverb pedals. Usually, dedicated units sound better and are more versatile.
Yeah I'm starting to think this may be the way to go...originally when I bought the Caverns I was trying to save some pedal board space but the size of some of these dual units like the Mooer are bigger than 2 typical size stompboxes :)

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Boss RV-500. Amazing, versatile reverbs but less versatile delays. Lots of options for control and modulation of delays but limited types.
great pedal though. Reverbs so good delay is just icing.
A few people have mentioned this to me as well. I wasn't sold on the delays but may give it a try the next time I'm in a store as they seem to be readily available at many L&M's. But like tonewoody said above, it might be worth considering getting separate reverb and delay pedals.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts