The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried to list the partscaster esquire I have listed on this site.

I am aware that some sites will not let you post a parts guitar with a decal.

In my ad I never represented the guitar as a real Fender.

They first contacted me and suspended the ad.

So I reposted the ad without the headstock pics.

That was not good enough for them and I got this response:

The Listings Standards Crew (Reverb.com)

Dec 2, 3:28 PM CST

Hey John,

Thanks for getting back to us so quickly.

The issue here, though, is that the decal is on the instrument at all -- not just whether or not it's showing. We'd need the decal to be physically removed from the guitar before we could have this on the site.

·
Premium Member
2,974 Posts
Doesn't make much sense to me...but rules are rules. The only possible explanation I can come up with is that they're trying to protect idiots who don't read the ad.

·
Premium Member
16,831 Posts
Or they have a partnership with Fender.

Either way, it's their rules - either you take the decal off or you don't use their site.

·
Registered
18,560 Posts
You will do just as well on Kijiji anyway.

·
Registered
18,560 Posts
After hearing horror story after horror story about reverb, I just stay away from it all together.
I have never bought anything through Reverb as I have done very well on eBay and Kijiji. I do find it good for reference from time to time.

·
Premium Member
829 Posts
I've sold and bought lots, no issues or horror stories.
Same here, I have passed on a few deals though. I always start a conversation with the potential seller or buyer, if they seem sketchy I pass on the sale or purchase. I have had really good luck dealing with large shops like Chicago Music Exchange there, always willing to negotiate and the products are well represented with a good description and quality photos.

·
Registered
11,260 Posts
Same here, I have passed on a few deals though. I always start a conversation with the potential seller or buyer, if they seem sketchy I pass on the sale or purchase. I have had really good luck dealing with large shops like Chicago Music Exchange there, always willing to negotiate and the products are well represented with a good description and quality photos.
hah, same here. I find it odd, and awesome, that big shops like CME are willing to entertain and accept offers on brand new items

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
I did announce and buy there without any problem.
Everything has to be said in the messages with seller though.

·
Premium Member
16,831 Posts
Well CME owns reverb.

I think any store can entertain and accept offers - its a question of how you go about it and what the margin is on the product.

·
Registered
11,260 Posts
Well CME owns reverb.

I think any store can entertain and accept offers - its a question of how you go about it and what the margin is on the product.
I know CME owns Reverb, good on them for building an online store to open it up to a global market. It also provides an alternative if guys like us don't want to use a forum or eBay or Kij to sell.

I don't think just any store can accept offers, try walking into a L&M this afternoon and offer to pay 20 bucks less on a brand new pedal. Let me know how it goes.

·
Premium Member
16,831 Posts
I don't think any store can accept offers, try walking into a L&M this afternoon and offer to pay 20 bucks less on a brand new pedal. Let me know how it goes.
If Im paying cash I probably could. Im headed there this eve, will let everyone know.

I know with TGS you can make an offer, and they are a much smaller outfit.

·
Registered
4,843 Posts
If Im paying cash I probably could. Im headed there this eve, will let everyone know.
Make sure it's a pedal you want, in case you have to buy your way out of an awkward situation. ;)

·
Premium Member
16,831 Posts
Make sure it's a pedal you want, in case you have to buy your way out of an awkward situation. ;)
Im running on the assumption one of my usual employee pals are working - though im comfortable asking anyone I recognize.

I like the pedal, it unfortunately falls just short of my needs.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts