The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sold a guitar on there a few weeks ago. Have it setup so that it deposits US funds in my Canadian chequing account. I keep getting messages from them saying they can't complete the payment. They don't say why, they just list a couple of common reasons. My banking info is accurate.

Anyone else tried to get a US dollar payment from Reverb into a Canadian bank account?

·
Premium Member
9,860 Posts
I bet @Ti-Ron is right, your bank likely won’t take USD into a CDN account, or for some reason can’t process the exchange. Talk to them first. Bet they tell you to set up a USD account so they can milk you fees.

·
Premium Member
5,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I bet you guys are right. Can Reverb deposit to a PayPal account? I might just go that route. No, I don't believe it's Reverb's fault, just our expensive, stockholder returns oriented Canadian Banking system.

·
Premium Member
4,454 Posts
I bet you guys are right. Can Reverb deposit to a PayPal account? I might just go that route. No, I don't believe it's Reverb's fault, just our expensive, stockholder returns oriented Canadian Banking system.
Yeah you can setup a Paypal account.

·
Premium Member
5,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have accepted payments from CAN, USA, and France with no issues. I would think contacting your bank would be a good place to start, as Ti-Ron suggested.
Will do!

You can try my bank account ;)
Sure thing. I’ll need your full name, DOB, account #, transit # and bank code. To save time, send me your PIN while you’re at it :)

·
Premium Member
Air guitar
3,255 Posts
Will do!

Sure thing. I’ll need your full name, DOB, account #, transit # and bank code. To save time, send me your PIN while you’re at it :)
Won't do you much good... it's empty. If you want my identity a hefty amount of debt is included to :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts