The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After much delay I've finally posted some items on this up and coming website called Reverb. I was a bit phased by all the options available but managed post my pitch. The one setting I was still a bit fuzzy on was the bump rate. Is there much to gain in terms of the volume of views, or will it merely compress the $ I receive. Does it loop my ad or will it all be a big wah-wah in the end? Hopefully the chorus of experienced sellers can direct me.

TLDR: Should I use reverb ad bumping? Do you? Just go with their suggested rate? Pedal puns

·
Registered
251 Posts
IMO, most buyers on any platform are smart enough to see through all the fluff of bumping, post counts and other gimmicks. The condition of a seller's gear, its desirability and most importantly its price point are really where it's at.

·
Premium Member
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The condition of a seller's gear, its desirability and most importantly its price point are really where it's at.
That's my general thoughts and why I elected for no bumping (currently). Plus I'm cheap, even $3 is a hill I'm willing to die on. But the algos, THE ALGOS.

·
Premium Member
989 Posts
My approach is to not choose bumping until the listing has been there for a month, give or take. And it depends on how much you really want to move it.

I browse Reverb multiple times daily, and can confirm bumped listings appear more often. Without that appearance, you're hoping for someone to specifically need your stuff.

·
Premium Member
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
And it depends on how much you really want to move it. I browse Reverb multiple times daily, and can confirm bumped listings appear more often. Without that appearance, you're hoping for someone to specifically need your stuff.
Our use of the term "need" would probably be similar and equally incorrect. But it is good to know that bumping actually does something. It's a bunch of pedals so I'm not dying to move them.

But I'm now wondering if you can game the system. Set up bumping to get an offer or two, then remove it before you accept the offer. I will test this out.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
The only way I'd bump is if I were selling something in a particularly crowded category. Generally if there's only a handful or less of that item on Reverb then if someone is looking for that, they are going to see your ad.

·
Premium Member
989 Posts
Our use of the term "need" would probably be similar and equally incorrect. But it is good to know that bumping actually does something. It's a bunch of pedals so I'm not dying to move them.

But I'm now wondering if you can game the system. Set up bumping to get an offer or two, then remove it before you accept the offer. I will test this out.

Pretty sure you're on the nut as soon as you set up bumping. But ask via the Online Chat Support. I've had a couple of very good experiences with them.

·
Premium Member
5,334 Posts
if there are 10000 ads then bumping might be wise. But odds are you're wasting your money.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts