The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,155 Posts
I think when you want to sell something like this, one way would be to put it out there with a crazy price on eBay or Reverb. Then, if someone really want to buy it, you can get a conversation going. I mean, no one is going to just click buy and PP the money. I'm sure when stuff like this moves, it's because Billy Gibbon's guitar tech finds it and asks Billy if he wants to check it out. I would just think of the Reverb posting as running a free ad.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
I think when you want to sell something like this, one way would be to put it out there with a crazy price on eBay or Reverb. Then, if someone really want to buy it, you can get a conversation going. I mean, no one is going to just click buy and PP the money. I'm sure when stuff like this moves, it's because Billy Gibbon's guitar tech finds it and asks Billy if he wants to check it out. I would just think of the Reverb posting as running a free ad.
I agree. This puts it on a potential buyer's (or their friend's) radar. Anyone spending over 10 grand on an amp at all, is going to travel to check it out in person. I really doubt that a website like Reverb or Ebay ever gets a cut on one of these sales. They have to settle for the honour have hosting some pics of it at most.

·
Premium Member
6,224 Posts
I agree. This puts it on a potential buyer's (or their friend's) radar. Anyone spending over 10 grand on an amp at all, is going to travel to check it out in person. I really doubt that a website like Reverb or Ebay ever gets a cut on one of these sales. They have to settle for the honour have hosting some pics of it at most.
They get the ad revenue from all of us clicking the link to fantasize over it.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts