The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
For sale is my Retro-King 18 - 2x12" tube combo.

This is an awesome amp with great tones. I'm only selling to pay some bills, and I just bought a Gjika 10^n the other week, so something's gotta go.

$1600 EMT shipped/insured (CP Expedited) within Canada from Vancouver, or $1400 local deal!

Amp as currently configured is just around 60lbs.

The Retro-King 18 Watt is a completely custom-built amplifier, with the features you would expect to see in an amp of this class, including a solidly built, Baltic birch cabinet and handwired point-to-point construction.

Billy
A few months ago I was invited to Houston, Texas by guitar legend, Billy Gibbons, to bring a 2x12 Marshall model 1973 to the studio for a new ZZ Top album. Billy is an avid fan of 18-watt amps and has numerous clones to choose from, in addition to two original 18-watt Marshall combos. While we were listening and comparing sounds, I noticed a green tolex 2x12 combo called the Retro-King 18 Watt sitting in the studio. Once he plugged into it, I knew both the origin of the tone and that I had to check one out for myself.

TGP Reviews

·
Premium Member
387 Posts
this is a really great map, fantastic tones, fantastic build quality, who ever gets this will not be disappointed

·
Premium Member
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ON HOLD - Pending sale

Still available!

·
Premium Member
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Local sale pending - on hold again

1 - 5 of 5 Posts