The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could the time permitted to edit a "Conversation" be increased from 5 minutes ...or, preferably, eliminated entirely.

Thanks

Dave

Edit: I reported this thread to admin.

·
Registered
4,997 Posts
Dave, did you start the conversation? I believe this is the key issue, but it sounds like maybe you were able to edit for the first 5 minutes, then not?
I was under the impression only the convo starter had ability of edit or control of edit function?

·
Premium Member
17,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dave, did you start the conversation? I believe this is the key issue, but it sounds like maybe you were able to edit for the first 5 minutes, then not?
I was under the impression only the convo starter had ability of edit or control of edit function?
I didn't start the conversation. I was one of three participants.

Yes, you can edit up to 5 minutes and then you are locked out of making any edits.

Do you want to start a conversation with me to see if, as the starter, you maintain control of the edit function for more than 5 minutes? Should be interesting.

·
Registered
4,997 Posts
Yes I will. I'm thinking maybe the convo starter can control the limit on edits.

·
Premium Member
17,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
@jb welder Thanks for the conversation/test.

RESULTS: The 'Edit' function at the bottom of each participant's conversation disappears after about 5 minutes.

This is the message you get when you try to edit around/just after the 5 minute mark...

The following error occurred:
The time limit to edit this message (5 minutes) has expired.

Now I regret not betting with @jb welder for an all expenses paid trip to the LCBO...Darn!!

·
Registered
4,997 Posts
@jb welderThis is the message you get when you try to edit...

The following error occurred:
The time limit to edit this message (5 minutes) has expired.
I think that particular message is only seen if you are in the middle of an edit when the 5 min. expires.

Dave, I don't think they take Canadian Tire money at the LCBO, so it would just be whatever samples du jour. ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts