P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
64 Gretsch 6120, 65 Fender Tremolux and a 58 Supro 1624T
3,116 Posts
Great thing about living in a free country is you can choose to buy somewhere else. They're not stealing from anyone, if you buy without doing your research or do your research and buy anyways, it's still your choice. Vote with your wallet mang :)

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great thing about living in a free country is you can choose to buy somewhere else. They're not stealing from anyone, if you buy without doing your research or do your research and buy anyways, it's still your choice. Vote with your wallet mang :)
I know but it will take an activist type movement to change these thieving practices. My few dozen purchases a year won't make a difference...

·
Registered
4,842 Posts
It appears to me that odstore is a brand and 'wolfpack warehouse canada' is the one doing the gouging here.

·
Premium Member
5,113 Posts
Those aren't sold by Amazon. That's a third party seller. I understand Amazon doesnt have the best priced in CAD at times, but people really need to know the difference. Best buys site, and many other retailers to the same thing with third party sellers. Check off to search only items sold Amazon.ca when doing a search (or best buy, etc.)

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It appears to me that odstore is a brand and 'wolfpack warehouse canada' is the one doing the gouging here.
Those aren't sold by Amazon. That's a third party seller. I understand Amazon doesnt have the best priced in CAD at times, but people really need to know the difference. Best buys site, and many other retailers to the same thing with third party sellers. Check off to search only items sold Amazon.ca when doing a search (or best buy, etc.)
I understand, but Amazon.ca/.com is complicit and profiting from this deceptive gouging. As Canadians we should be outraged and organizing to send Amazon packing- Back to where they came from. If you can't come to Canada and treat us fairly, get the fuck out.

·
Premium Member
5,113 Posts
I understand, but Amazon.ca/.com is complicit and profiting from this deceptive gouging. As Canadians we should be outraged and organizing to send Amazon packing- Back to where they came from. If you can't come to Canada and treat us fairly, get the fuck out.
Sorry I don't agree. I can choose to shop where ever I want. And in most cases Amazon will have the item sold directly through Amazon for a good price and free shipping. Most large sites have 3rd party sellers nowadays. It's just a reality. I choose not to use those sellers. I search for the price I want to pay. There are plenty of local stores marking up items. I avoid them as well. It's no different than shopping pre-amazon.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry I don't agree. I can choose to shop where ever I want. And in most cases Amazon will have the item sold directly through Amazon for a good price and free shipping. Most large sites have 3rd party sellers nowadays. It's just a reality. I choose not to use those sellers. I search for the price I want to pay. There are plenty of local stores marking up items. I avoid them as well. It's no different than shopping pre-amazon.
You are also enjoying Ticket Master and Stub Hub?

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
It's not the same situation nor is it ever going to be. Is Amazon the only online source for batteries?
I am whining about trying to charge Canadians 3 times the price on exactly the same item. It is a principle thing. I would also let you know that Best Buy and New Egg who also have 3rd party vendors do not seem to practice this extreme price gouging that Amazon is complicit in. I agree it is a free market, but for fuck sakes why do they want to screw us over so badly?

·
Premium Member
5,113 Posts
I am whining about charging trying to charge Canadians 3 times the price on exactly the same item. It is a principle thing. I would also let you know that Best Buy and New Egg who also have 3rd party vendors do not seem to practice this extreme price gouging that Amazon is complicit in. I agree it is a free market, but for fuck sakes why do they want to screw us over so badly?
Ok, well if you want to be angry about that, that's up to you. I couldn't care less and find it a waste of my energy. If I don't like something, I shop somewhere else. If Amazon has the best price, I'll buy it there. If they don't I'll go elsewhere. It's no different to me than a local store marking up an item, which is just as common. I just don't shop there. I don't want to use third party sellers on Amazon, so I just don't.

I think there's also the issue that there are products we are getting the shaft on for no reason related to the store's that are selling it whatsoever. The prices on a lot of guitars right now compared to the US are a pretty solid example of that. It's not the store, it's the logistics of the selling the product with shipping, duty, exchange, and various other issues. A Fender guitar, excluding a large sale, is going to be way more than in the U.S. no matter where we shop.

·
Registered
4,842 Posts
I can see both points. Agree with Player about discouraging amazon enabling this kind of bs.
But also see torndownunits point in that even when shopping online now at walmart, I have to choose to show only items sold specifically by walmart. Or sears seems to be able to source you anything you could possibly want, just not sold by them. I wish this trend was not happening but I guess that is what amazon has to compete with. :(

·
Premium Member
4,487 Posts
So they are 22 CDN at Home Depot and Lowe's and anywhere else you go except Amazon? Pretty sure they are in that price range no matter where you go

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
So they are 22 CDN at Home Depot and Lowe's and anywhere else you go except Amazon? Pretty sure they are in that price range no matter where you go
Not the complete finished battery, the 15 small batteries inside the Dewalt battery. I don't think that Home Depot and Lowe's sell the components for a DIY repack.

·
Premium Member
5,113 Posts
I can see both points. Agree with Player about discouraging amazon enabling this kind of bs.
But also see torndownunits point in that even when shopping online now at walmart, I have to choose to show only items sold specifically by walmart. Or sears seems to be able to source you anything you could possibly want, just not sold by them. I wish this trend was not happening but I guess that is what amazon has to compete with. :(
Ya I mean, I really don't know how it became a thing. I guess it's these companies trying to compete with each other, but also trying to take on eBay as well. But the bottom line is it's not changing. And while it was mentioned some of these jacked up rates from third party sellers aren't seen on other sites, I have seen them on other sites. So I just started using the 'only search by' filters all the time. It's not something that's going to change, so I sure am not going to spend any of my energy getting upset over it.

An option people have, if you think a price from a third party seller is too high, contact them and ask them why. Especially when it comes to shipping. I have gotten better prices doing that. Sometimes shipping calculators on sites are off. But in some cases (like them importing small quantities) they have a valid reason why the item costs what it does I've found as well.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ya I mean, I really don't know how it became a thing. I guess it's these companies trying to compete with each other, but also trying to take on eBay as well. But the bottom line is it's not changing. And while it was mentioned some of these jacked up rates from third party sellers aren't seen on other sites, I have seen them on other sites. So I just started using the 'only search by' filters all the time. It's not something that's going to change, so I sure am not going to spend any of my energy getting upset over it.
I have registered my complaint with Amazon. Here is the first email back:

Hello Player99,

I've forwarded your question to the Customer Service team trained to handle this issue. You should hear back from them in the next 1-2 business days.

Here are our customer service phone numbers:

Canada: 1-877-586-3230
International: 1-206-266-2882

We're available 24/7.

You can also reach us by e-mail, chat or phone by clicking on this link:
http://www.amazon.ca/gp/help/contact-us
We hope to see you again soon.

We'd appreciate your feedback. Please use the buttons below to vote us about your experience today.

Best regards,
Amanda C

Amazon.ca

Feel free to phone the numbers above and complain.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Why repack a battery for your claimed $22 USD when you can buy two new off brand 18v replacement batteries for $59.99 from Amazon with free shipping?

Biswaye 2Pack 18V High Capacity 3000mAh Replacement Battery for 18-Volt Dewalt Battery DC9096 DE9039 DE9095 DE9096 DE9098 DW9095 DW9096 DW9098 DE9503: Amazon.ca: Tools & Home Improvement

Personally I like the 20v Dewalt gear, the difference in weight and balance is big especially if you're working over head for long periods of time. Dead batteries are a good excuse for an upgrade.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Why repack a battery for your claimed $22 USD when you can buy two new off brand 18v replacement batteries for $59.99 from Amazon with free shipping?

Biswaye 2Pack 18V High Capacity 3000mAh Replacement Battery for 18-Volt Dewalt Battery DC9096 DE9039 DE9095 DE9096 DE9098 DW9095 DW9096 DW9098 DE9503: Amazon.ca: Tools & Home Improvement

Personally I like the 20v Dewalt gear, the difference in weight and balance is big especially if you're working over head for long periods of time. Dead batteries are a good excuse for an upgrade.
I agree. I would repack them if I could get the batteries for around $20. Canadian Tire has 2 18v batteries on sale for $100 most of the time, so that makes them $50 each. I would repack if I could get them for $20, but any more and forget it. Also when I read the reviews of the 15 batteries, people said they were not 2,200 mA, but more like 400 mA, and they didn't hold a charge or have much power, so again, forget about it. I am just tired of looking up stuff and seeing Amazon.ca stupid pricing. Fuck off Amazon.ca please.

I am looking at getting some Canadian Tire 20v drills for $110 on sale. It is a 20 v drill, a 20 v impact drill, 2 20 v batteries and a charger. The only issue is I have 2 18 v Dewalt drills, an 18 v skill saw with a small blade, and a $300 18 v grease gun. But I may still get the other kit and then sometime buy the 2 Dewalt batteries for $100...

That said, Amazon should stop the madness.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts