The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This...

With this....

So far I'm really happy. Just need to grab a midi cable from long and mcquade today for channel switching since they were closed yesterday.. I thought it could control my trs cable but can't get it to work.

No noise, no more power issues, can still keep a few pedals in the loops and some really handy software for programming.

Sent from my SGH-M919V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
79 Posts
Yes, a ton of mods, delays, reverbs, drives, and ability to put up to 3 additional pedals in loops so that they can be programmed. Also has amp switching, midi and more.

·
Premium Member
16,835 Posts
Im doing a similar thing. Tired of things going wrong haha

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Really liking it so far but have only had time to program a couple useful patches. I'm afraid that there are really too many options. I'm also a midi noob so I haven't been able to get my channel switching working properly.

The only other thing I may have overlooked is that my amp has an fx loop bypass switch so I'm not sure if I need to hook up my amp pedal just to turn on the loop.

It's awesome though, no noise due to the decent gate, no tap dancing, one 9v plug, and a fraction of the cost and size of my other pedals. I listed most of them on Kijiji but I'm worried I may come to regret that... unfortunately a few need to move to justify the cost. It's never a good idea to buy yourself a new toy on the wife's birthday lol.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Im doing a similar thing. Tired of things going wrong haha

I say just pick one that's flexible for you and go for it. It was your comment that in the end made me take the plunge. It doesn't sound as good as say some of the Superdelay settings or some individual pedals, but it will get me by for 99% of situations. There are also some great support threads on the bigger forums with an overwhelming amount of info.

I was worried about the full digital aspect but really the buffer and converters sound pretty damn good, probably better than my other digital pedals anyways.

The software is a big plus to program it too, besides the midi control settings which I'm new with it makes it too easy.

·
Premium Member
16,835 Posts
I say just pick one that's flexible for you and go for it.
The cream of the crop is inbound, hopefully ships out today. I'll be listing nearly everything once it's here and set up.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Alright, so with some more tweaking, I am down to just the Morley volume/wah, and this. I found a subtle flange and got the boss eq working just like my MXR. Maybe with an expression pedal I can do away with the Morley too.

I have a preset bank for each song which switches amp channels and main effects between the four patches available per bank, then in manual mode I can turn on effects to taste. I was a pretty bare bones kinda guy as it was with just a bit of color with reverb or delay here and there, but now Im finding little tweaks here and there to make parts stand out more like eq shifts or the odd bit of compression.

Also, for a high gain rig my amp is dead quiet which Im not even used to. At home I've forgotten to shut my amp off a couple times as it was dead silent at idle.

Makes for alot of extra space on my 24x14" board. I no longer need a second bag for cables etc, so my whole 4CM snake with power supply is permanent and lives in it now. One plug, and off I go.

Question, does Long and Mcquade still give lifetime warentee's on their yorkville cables? I have a few 20'ers that are starting to crap out after being repaired a couple times. Maybe its time to swap them?

·
Premium Member
16,835 Posts
You should be able to get them repaired or replaced, yes.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'm not sure to be honest. I think it's more of a general multi fx though. The verbs and delays don't have super in depth editing, but I'm just getting into using different sends and s-bend modifiers to trigger modulation in delays and verbs etc. Not as plug and play as the stand alone delay and reverb I'm sure.

They do have assignable master solo levels, or solo functions within a drive or boost which is handy but haven't programmed to my patches yet. I'm out of town and have only had one rehearsal with it partially set up so I'm itching to play again.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts