The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
growing up in my age, i only knew of them as a pop band...didnt realize that they were around through the 70's...i only knew their 80's hits...take it on the run etc...to me that song sounded more P90 and fender than the 59 bursts and non-mv marshalls im seeing in vids...

Its a shame radio only plays some songs...theres a lot of great 70's songs that dont get any airplay anymore

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Loved this tune when I was a kid. The siren is killer at the start. It's a song that makes me visualize a blizzard going on outside the window at night while I'm inside drinking a coffee and just watchin' her go. Moody like hearing Riders on the Storm when there's a thunderstorm in the night. This version is pretty cool with a slightly slower pace so it doesn't feel rushed. Also some nice harmonies that show up. Or just enjoy the storm slideshow pics! I enjoyed REO but as they became more pop rock I sort of disengaged. I can still listen to the hits but not a steady diet.

[video]

Reactions: mario

·
Registered
484 Posts
This is way-more better than the REO I grew up on! Didn't know they had it in them.

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
Gary Richrath was a hell of a player. One of my favourite lead dudes from that era.
The first dance of every wedding I got dragged to as a kid was "I Can't Fight This Feeling"....

Kudos to Mr. Richrath for making the cheese bearable & avoiding the pointy pink Ibanez rackmount "tones". Arguably his finest moment below.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Pure 80's schmoltz!

Favorite part, other than the opening and closing scenes where he's talking to the "doctor" is when someone hands her the telephone, and the long curly cord is plugged into the guitar for the solo! Genius!

·
Premium Member
3,316 Posts
A few years back, went out for dinner with friends and we were having such a great time we decided to continue the fun and go into a small bar/club. They were spinning vinyl and played this song. I was somewhat shocked to find out it was REO. Great R&R.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts