The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
815 Posts
I think everyone yearns for the days of their youth, that's normal, but for some of these young people to yearn for the days of our youth is quite extraordinary. I thought the fact that the world was going to shit was simply an artifact of my geezer brain, not based in reality, but it seems it may be actually going to shit.

Of course, that's what we thought "back in the day". The world is going to shit, man.

Thirty years from now some of you younger people will be calling the first decade of the 21st century "the good ol' days". Then you'll see the world is continuing to go to shit!

Actually, the entire universe has been going to shit since the Big Bang.:rockon:

· Registered
815 Posts
david henman said:
..."better" is a relative term. different would be more appropriate.

the 50s, 60s and 70s were magical times, for many of us.

for many others, no doubt the 80s, 90s and 00s were/are just as magical.

that said, i have no idea how i ever managed to survive without computers and digital technology!!!!!

-dh
Yeah, remember the talk and fear about computers taking over the world? When a computer was a six story building? They actually have in a way. People decide what computers do, but it also seems true that computers decide what people do. Computers have drastically altered human behavior. The master is also the slave. We may have lost some freedom somewhere along the way but we have to weigh that against what we've gained, like this forum for instance.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.