·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Related articles "Did Amelia Earhart die as a Japanese prisoner?"
Article analysis: "who knows we just wanted you to click so the ads could load"

·
Registered
12,259 Posts
she was a shitty pilot, and her navigator was a drunk. the ONLY reason she received any media attention at all, is because she was a woman pilot. she crashed alot, and got lost alot too.

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
Take off from Pickering airport - if the engine fails there’s a few backyard swimming pools to aim for and that’s it...lol

·
Premium Member
9,712 Posts
Take off from Pickering airport - if the engine fails there’s a few backyard swimming pools to aim for and that’s it...lol
Never aim for water for a crash...water doesn’t compress. And if you’re injured/stuck, you drown in minutes, long before help comes. I’d much rather crash a plane in a field than any body of water.

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
Never aim for water for a crash...water doesn’t compress. And if you’re injured/stuck, you drown in minutes, long before help comes. I’d much rather crash a plane in a field than any body of water.
The airport I’m referring to is surrounded by houses and all you see climbing out is rooftops. So if you have a failure shortly after takeoff yer fucked no matter what so the pools look nice at least... lol

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
I think it said the bones have been lost.
Yeah I glanced at the newspaper article today and I think it might have said something about them being lost so it’s nowhere near positive identification if all they are saying is that the bones might’ve belong to someone about her height.

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Yeah I glanced at the newspaper article today and I think it might have said something about them being lost so it’s nowhere near positive identification if all they are saying is that the bones might’ve belong to someone about her height.
It said they also found some clothing she was known to wear and a bottle of something she was known to drink in the same area.
It's unlikely there would be those items from another person on an island in the middle of the Pacific in the 40s.

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
Also mentioned a sextant box or something and maybe part of a shoe. I was wondering if there was a connection on the booze bottle bcs I don’t think the article I read was clear on that. So maybe it’s highly likely but not 100 percent certain that they ended up on that island.

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
she wasn't the ONLY female pilot. the difference with those others is, they weren't engaged in publicity stunts as a career. her fame was manufactured.
Agreed ,there were others ,but certainly they were a select few.
Earhart's fame wouldn't be the same if she hadn't gone missing,the mystique wouldn't be there .

1 - 20 of 36 Posts