The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for an amp that is good for home and jamming with nice clean tone and that vintage marshall (van halen, zz top, acdc thing) but also has more gain on tap (no metal though).

Anybody played the above mentioned amps? Anybody in Calgary have one that I could try out?

Looking at the reinhardt 18 or MI6, fargen olde 800, kingsley OD series and peters (polaris or gryphon).

Thanks

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
pickslide said:
Looking for an amp that is good for home and jamming with nice clean tone and that vintage marshall (van halen, zz top, acdc thing) but also has more gain on tap (no metal though).

Anybody played the above mentioned amps? Anybody in Calgary have one that I could try out?

Looking at the reinhardt 18 or MI6, fargen olde 800, kingsley OD series and peters (polaris or gryphon).

Thanks
PM James and he'll tell you who has his amps in town.

·
Premium Member
2,182 Posts
I've got a Kingsley, but I'm a bit far away. I can tell you that the clips on Simon's site are exactly what it sounds like. Dumble meets Vox. Not at all like the other amps you mention, which are more marshally.

·
Premium Member
883 Posts
you want a Bogner Shiva. Trust me...what you're asking for is exactly what I was looking for and I bought a TONNE of amps trying to find it. Get a Shiva and forget about it. The MV works so well you'll hardly care that it's way more power than you need.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts