The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm always planning for next year and for when recently graduated and recently employed princess money pit becomes mostly financially independent,... but I digress.

I find Reeves Amps interesting (based on the original HiWatt). Here is a 6 watt British amp head for $675.00 Cdn. (plus shipping, brokerage and taxes of course) Now here is something you can crank at home (as in a house - basment) and not have the neighbours complain. Get a nice 1x12 ported closed back cab and speaker of your choice.

http://www.reevesamps.com/amp_custom_6.htm

Well ???????????

·
Premium Member
13,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmm, that looks really interesting! I'll have to check out the soundclips tomorrow. Where are these made? I've got an Orange Tiny Terror and it is very impressive.
They are made in the USA. Shipping for the head is $39 US ground DHL.

The TT. How ell does it sound in 7 watt? Can you crank it in a basement without going deaf or having the neighbours call the cops??

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
I have a little garnet I use, that sounds amazing

it cost me $150

gets a nice raw bluesy breakup, has trem + verb & it's a single 6V6 power tube

if I goose it with a rangemaster clone, it sounds phenominal :rockon2:

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
ne1roc: give us review of the TT. I've been kinda contemplating one but???

·
Registered
64 Posts
I was thinking about getting a THD Univalve for the same kind of use, but also wondered about the Reeves head or something like it. Anybody have any experience (likes / dislikes) with the Univalve?

Thinking about a head, not a combo, and then probably a 1 x 12 cab with a Celestion Blue.

Brian

1 - 6 of 6 Posts