The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody familiar with this model? I hear it has an adarondack top-triple AAA-is that popular among bluegrass players? How does it compare with a few of the upper end models like Martin, Gibson, Taylor?? Any info on this one would be most helpful-i have my eye on such model.

·
Registered
6,029 Posts
I’m seeing them at 1000 to 1300 USD. ???

That would be close to used 2012 D18 territory.

I’d hold out for a D18 if the above pricing is accurate.

D18 is highly regarded and they are consistent. I don’t know if that can be said for RK and I would definitely want to play an RK before buying it.

As for comparison I do not believe that the RK will do well against a standard series Martin.

·
Premium Member
4,486 Posts
I punched the model in on YouTube and the first video has a lot of info in the description. Indian rosewood back and sides etc...

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
As it comes out of my early morning awakening freezing wake up memory (so may be partially wrong !) of some look up about the parlor model (ROH05) on sale at some 300$ (on eBay from a southern Ontario luthier who had gotten them from a nearby closed store he said) I made last year, Recording King would be a rejuvinated old brand. Could sound good but higher price could be in part attributed to some vintage smell applied to the name. I considered ordering one ("could eventually give it to a grandchildren...") but could not touch any around here, so finally got something else.

If you like it and could get it under 750$, I would say play it man, just play it ! ;-)

·
Registered
18,560 Posts
Some players have liked the Recording King guitars but I don't ever think I have heard anyone with lots of experience say they are in the same league as Martin, Taylor, etc. Now, Alvarez and Eastern are a different story. A good number of players have compared them equally and sometimes better than Martin, Taylor and Gibson. To a lesser extent the same has been said of Blueridge although Blueridge more or less try to copy the early Martins. Some players really like them and some have found them middle of the road.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Some players have liked the Recording King guitars but I don't ever think I have heard anyone with lots of experience say they are in the same league as Martin, Taylor, etc. Now, Alvarez and Eastern are a different story. A good number of players have compared them equally and sometimes better than Martin, Taylor and Gibson. To a lesser extent the same has been said of Blueridge although Blueridge more or less try to copy the early Martins. Some players really like them and some have found them middle of the road.
Some people say and some people do.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts