The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got asked this question yesterday and was a little stumped. Anyone have a suggestion or two?

·
Premium Member
326 Posts
I am a huge fan of Apogee's interfaces as they are easy to use and offer excellent sound quality, and it depends how many tracks you want to be able to record at a time.
One and Duet- 2 tracks
Quartet- 4 tracks

·
Premium Member
4,119 Posts
I got asked this question yesterday and was a little stumped. Anyone have a suggestion or two?
What are they trying to do? You can use GarageBand or Cubase on the iPad and IK Multimedia have a number of interfaces depending on what you need to record.

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
Lots of USB devices run in class compliant mode and can be connected via USB to lightning adaptors.

I use RME Baby Face Pro or Steinberg UR824

·
Premium Member
1,121 Posts
Ok, so... Is there a decent microphone that plugs right into an iPad and you can record with it?

·
Premium Member
832 Posts
I use a Mackie Profx 8 v2 with a USB interface into my iPad for like $260 that works great with the adapter. It also is my PA mixer and it's cool. Not much more than the Steinberg.

·
Premium Member
1,121 Posts
Man, “they” sure know what I’m doing on the internet these days.... this shows up on my YouTube list today... pretty decent video showing off a bunch of audio interfaces

·
Registered
4,573 Posts
OK, so I spent last night looking at YouTube videos on this. I bought a Steinberg ur22c today, as I have an instrument mic to use with it.
I need a few other cables but it looks like it’ll work.

Steinberg - UR22C 2-In/2-Out USB Audio Interface
I just happened into this thread. I have a UR22 MKII so thought I'd check out the C. Looks like some super updates to your unit. USB3, no latency DSP for DAW, allowance for routing to Left and Right speaker.... Someone on another forum mentioned also that the Phones section is louder than the MKII, which I can attest is a great update, along with all the others. And Yamaha is still being used as their Preamps which is great. When the time is right I'm going to have to make the upgrade.

·
Premium Member
1,121 Posts
Lots of USB devices run in class compliant mode and can be connected via USB to lightning adaptors.

I use RME Baby Face Pro or Steinberg UR824
That's what I ended doing in the end. With the camera usb adapter you just plug it all in to an iPad and it works! I was amazed how easy it was.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts