The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
*NO LIVE USE*

Are any of our GTA members interested in lending us cool/unique equipment to use on LP3? We would greatly appreciate it!

"Musician friends. In roughly 7 weeks, we (Sparrows) are leaving to record. I’m looking to see if any friends are willing to lend out some gear for 2-3 weeks. Amps ideally, but guitars, drums and effects also accepted (especially if they do some weird shit).
Anyone between Toronto and NYC accepted, and rewards can be provided based on how cool your stuff is/how nice you are.

Thanks in advance, unless no one answers."

·
Premium Member
8,480 Posts
If Morris finishes the second amp, you can use it. Let me know if you're interested. I realize I'm not between Toronto and NYC

·
Premium Member
16,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If Morris finishes the second amp, you can use it. Let me know if you're interested. I realize I'm not between Toronto and NYC
Thanks a mil! I'm sure we can sort out pick-up and drop-off.

·
Premium Member
1,206 Posts
Any interest to use a Gibson GA-5? It’s a 1-knob tweed Champ sort-of-soundalike. The tube simmer sounds near full throttle are included. Very authentic.

How about a Pignose tweed?

Do we get to state “as used and heard on Sparrow’s 3rd critically acclaimed LP, ‘Title Me’” on our future for-sale threads? :)

·
Premium Member
16,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cool, I'll let Glen know. What is the deadline?
Im not 100% sure - my honeymoon is the week before. May have to whip up transpo.

Any interest to use a Gibson GA-5? It’s a 1-knob tweed Champ sort-of-soundalike. The tube simmer sounds near full throttle are included. Very authentic.

How about a Pignose tweed?

Do we get to state “as used and heard on Sparrow’s 3rd critically acclaimed LP, ‘Title Me’” on our future for-sale threads? :)
I will ask about the amps and please use that in the listing!

·
Registered
8,687 Posts
The only thing I have is my JCM800 2203. I do have a vintage Traynor, but that is being sold to a friend so will be gone by then.

·
Premium Member
3,026 Posts
I've got nothing really out of the ordinary to offer except maybe an old low wattage Keil amp. If you can figure a way to put that into the mix it's yours to use.

·
Premium Member
2,974 Posts
You're welcome to use my all original Fender Deluxe Reverb II. I've gotten far more compliments on the amp's tone than I EVER got on my playing. Super easy to dial in a good sound, best on board reverb I've ever owned.

From my limited knowledge of your style though it may not be your thing...and I'm in Orillia .

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
i've got a couple nice guitars that may be of use, but me thinks that Kingston is too far away for ya
good luck with the recording...and congrats on the wedding!

·
Registered
18,560 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts