The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
8,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems that I have exceeded my third party hosting limit at Photobucket (this happens once in a while and was probably overdue) so I now need to use another picture hosting site from which I can link pics for posting here and on other forums. Does anyone know of any decent free ones?

There was one that I had previously used but it went to a fully paid service and there is no longer a free option so I am hoping that someone might be able to recommend one.

·
Registered
8,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So I went to sign up to Flickr and it seems that I created an account back in 2012. D'oh!

·
Premium Member
16,833 Posts
You can link from Facebook for posting on forums?
Right click image, select copy image address, click photo icon in here and paste link. Nearly all my posted pics from the last few years are from fb posts

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
I heard yesterday that there is now NO third party hosting from Photobucket without a paid account.
yup...new terms of service announced a couple of days ago .
The real catch is you have to subscribe to the highest level membership to be allowed third party hosting...to the tune of $399.00 a year,
There are going to be lots of broken photo links all over the net soon.
Some folks have already got emails about it and can't post pics anymore...mine was still working as of yesterday

·
Registered
5,493 Posts
yup...new terms of service announced a couple of days ago .
The real catch is you have to subscribe to the highest level membership to be allowed third party hosting...to the tune of $399.00 a year,
There are going to be lots of broken photo links all over the net soon.
Some folks have already got emails about it and can't post pics anymore...mine was still working as of yesterday
Photobucket just committed technical suicide. This is as bad as Blackberry allowing Android and iOS users to use BBM

·
Occasional CEO
JB Custom
1,823 Posts
Flickr is often preferred by pro photographers (who don't have their own site), so it must be pretty good.

You can post pics, make albums, and share them publicly (or privately) as desired. People viewing them don't need an account, but they do if they want to comment on them.

·
Administrator
15,986 Posts
1 - 20 of 28 Posts