The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A pretty specific set of requirements. First I will start with saying that I don't own a cell phone so an app is not in the cards.

I have to make a saddle for an acoustic. I need a decent, fairly accurate tuner that will tell me how many cents the note is off so I can calculate the distance to file the saddle to so I can get the intonation correct.

I was looking at the stroboclip by Peterson, but they do not have the cents readout, although the price is attractive at about $70.

Thanks folks!

·
Premium Member
4,487 Posts
snark super tight

Reactions: Milkman and greco

·
Registered
11,265 Posts
I don't know what to recommend for acoustics even though the Peterson is excellent, as is the Sonic Research stuff but I don't believe they have numbers. I use my H9, again not helpful with acoustics, but it gives a number +/- readout which is helpful

what about something like Seiko SAT501? not super cool looking but reads in cents

·
Premium Member
4,487 Posts
I have compared my snarks to 3 or 4 different apps for android and the snarks works just as well as any app I have tried. And more convenient. Trying to keep your phone on your lap is a pain in the butt while tuning.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
I was just watching a video on the Peterson sweeteners, if you really wanted to dig into it, you could make the Stroboclip tell you something, but I think you would freak out first.

How about a tuner for your computer?

·
Registered
7,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Off to the Big Smoke tomorrow, going to stop at a guitar shop while there. I don't know which one, I'm not driving.

L

·
0 Posts
Snark here as well.
All instrument (red), precursor to the all tight?
It was in the case of an acoustic I bought years back.
Works well for bass too. I use the 12th fret harmonic.

·
Registered
6,054 Posts
Peterson phone app shows cents but I think the phone app was out a bit on one string from my other tuners. Read something about the apps not being as accurate bcs they have an algorithm as opposed to the piezo on the the clip tuners which is direct contact.

Strobe clip is a nice tuner but it’s one hell of an exhibit to stick on your headstock. I like the small black De Addario tuners that cost about 2o and you can hide them on the back of the headstock; those ones read about the same as my strobo clip but I use the clip for setting intonation.

·
Registered
7,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I want to publicly say this. You are my hero!!! (for not owning cell phone)
I will return that sentiment for the simple fact that you actually read and understood the initial needs and wants in my first post and didn't go off on a tangent.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts